UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Pepsi Arena

It seems everyone is very opposed to ever moving games to Pepsi but is the Pepsi (soon to be named whatever - as funny possible options in Times Union today) going to be a negative to the program in long run? It seems it hurt Siena in building new on campus arena as hard to justify the expense w/ option of Pepsi being available. I also don't know if UAlbany would invest in larger on campus facility for hoop in future but do think taking over Pepsi in future would be only way to capture area fans in long run. I don't think the casual fan wants to go to a campus where students may be too close to their family, etc. I recently attended a UMass game & their 8,000 seat arena seems perfect for future of our program. I'm not saying Pepsi is only option but will new facility be an option? Also regarding letter to Times Union today, I agree it was harsh & unfair. Mike Deane always pulled a player (maybe not studs like Brown or Bennerman) after one bad play & look how he was viewed by area fans. If Coach Brown is not retained after season, it may seem like definite clash of personalities w/ AD as his frankness may be his ultimate downfall.

I thought at one time there was a discussion about renovating the RACC when a new football stadium is built. If my memory is correct the back wall above Section 200 would be removed and attached to the new football stadium as a large concourse area. At the time I thought this left open the possibility of expanding the seating capacity to some degree.

I think we should worry about expanding when we start selling out game after game. The RACC is only 12 years old, there are more established teams playing in far older gyms. The RACC is a good start, I'm sure if we ever needed to we could expand the RACC, or for games against SU or those big teams we could play at the Pepsi, I believe we did it before in 2001 or 2002. Lets worry about this after we have seasons when we average around 3,500-4,000 a game. As of right now we have only sold out one time in our history.

We played SU at he Pepsi, and this can always be done. B9j2j6s is on the mark. Let's fill up the RAAC. Once in a lifetime surely hasn't obsoleted the place. Half of our home games are during breaks, where few students are attending. Our average attendance continues to progress. At the current rate, the renovations will provide the additional seating, before we'll actually need it.

• 2 weeks later...