UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Patterson

I hate to even bring this up, but there has been a lot of discussion about the contract status of Coach Brown, what about Coach Patterson?

I think she got a 2 year extension after the 2004 season, so I think her contract expires this year.

I don't follow the women's team that closely but I know that they are not having a very good year.

Thoughts?

I hate to even bring this up, but there has been a lot of discussion about the contract status of Coach Brown, what about Coach Patterson?

I think she got a 2 year extension after the 2004 season, so I think her contract expires this year.

I don't follow the women's team that closely but I know that they are not having a very good year.

Thoughts?

11810[/snapback]

It would be a travesty if Brown is let go and Trina stayed. Comparing Apples to Oranges, yes! Injury problems aside, Trina has proven nothing since she has been here.

Sorry, but that is the truth.

From UA arhives.....

UALBANY HEAD COACH TRINA PATTERSON RECEIVES TWO-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION

Albany, N.Y. – University at Albany Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today that head women’s basketball coach Trina Patterson has received a two-year contract extension.

Patterson, who has two years remaining on her original four-year contract, was named the ninth head coach in the Albany women’s basketball program’s history on May 6, 2002.

"I am extremely pleased with the progress that our program has made," McElroy said. "Trina and her staff have provided strong leadership and a positive environment for our student-athletes. The program’s improvement over the last two years has paved the way for continued success."

Coach Patterson led UAlbany to its first-ever America East Conference postseason tournament appearance in 2003-04. The Great Danes, who finished 13-16 overall, and tied for fourth in the conference standings with a 9-9 mark, defeated Hartford in the quarterfinal round, before losing to eventual champion Maine in the semifinals.

With Patterson at the helm, the UAlbany program showed a five-win improvement from the previous year with a 9-18 record in 2002-03. The Great Danes were 4-23 and winless in conference play the season prior to her appointment.

"I am excited about the opportunity to continue to move our program in a positive direction," said Patterson, who served as an assistant coach on the 2003 USA Basketball Women’s Pan American Games Team. "This extension is a clear indication the administration is pleased with our efforts. Dr. McElroy, Gail Cummings-Danson (associate athletics director) and the entire University administration have been very supportive. I am thankful to my players and staff whose hard work and commitment have been instrumental in our progress."

Evidently Patterson was signed in 2002 to a 4 year deal, that puts you through 2006 plus the 2 year extension should guarantee her to 2008.

The two year extension was a little surprising since Coach Patterson was not playing with her own recruits. That said, I like Coach Patterson and I think her last two recruiting classes were much better than the first one. She has a very young team but I have been disappointed in their progress. They are very passive on defense and equally passive on offense except for Sherri who is having a very solid if not great year and Amanda who is doing an awful lot for her first year in DI. They have three players in street clothes who could turn the team around next year.

If I remember correctly, I think McElroy was critical of Brown not winning any postseason games since coaching at Albany (when the discussion of an extension came up last offseason). Trina has only won one postseason game since arriving. Even if Albany falls the championship game of the conference tourney, Brown deserves a new contract. I do think there is pressure to win atleast two games in Binghamton.