UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU article about RPI upgrading facilities and what they saw at St. John's in their DIII semi final game at St. John's.

RPI installing turf field for football practice and other varsity teams to play on. How much analysis and research does UA have to go through to get football facilities comparable to those of High Schools and DIII facilities?

UA is competiting for the HS athlete not just with other mid-majors, but also Union and RPI and the facilities are inferior (except for the new locker room).

I haven't seen RPI's field but I know Union did their stadium over a few years ago and it looks very good. If and when UA upgrades their facilities or builds new they could probably sell chances to whack the old seats apart with a sledgehammer and make a few bucks. I know I'd be there to take my whacks.

Albany very rarely loses kids to RPI or Union any more for football. The kids that look into Albany (going full scholly D1AA)and end up at Union or RPI(DIII) are usually passed over by Ford for lack of size or speed...not SAT scores(They are much higher at RPI). Besides kids go to RPI for the Engineering diploma and Union for the "private school" experience.

Plus you neglect the fact that as private schools they have opportunities that UAlbany doesn't. RPI has a gigantic endowment from that multi-million dollar gift a few years back, so the money is there to "play" with, so to speak. UAlbany would have to put everything out to bid, and state contracts are almost always higher than private endeavors when put out to bid. (Assuming you even have the money to bid something like that out).