UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What are we really facing?

Just a little refreseher and to really get going into game mode, can somone/multiple someone's throw a few ideas out there as far as the keys to winning tomorrow's game?

Thanks

12723[/snapback]

Contain Klimes and Trimboli. Let Duell get his 12, but dont let him shoot buckwild.

SCORE MORE POINTS THAT THE OTHER GUYS! :)

Keys to the Game

Albany

Even out the scoring in UA lose to Vermont Jamar was the only person with double digit points. In our Win Brent, Jordan, and Jamar hit double digits.

As D96 Said try to contain Trimboli and Klimes I would also add Cieplicki who avg 13.5 last week in Bing, he also hit 14 against us in our lose up in Burlington.

Other Key's our Big Men Zoe, Covington and Connelly need to step up. The Freshman got an interview today in the TU, saying they would be playing alot. If Brian could hit 6-8 pts like he did on Senor night and Covington continue to be a banger in the boards that will help. Zoe he needs to shut down Holms and help Brent against Kilmes. Also he needs to stay out of foul trouble. Given the past two games against Vermont he's going to have a battle on his hands tomorrow and he has been avg. 22 min a game, and has 9 fouls over those two games.

He dosn't score much avg. 4.5 a game, but he avg 4 rebounds a game. He also needs to limit the amount of turnovers.

Jamar needs to hit for about 20 pts which in a game like this I don't think it will be that hard.

Aside from that make sure we come out firing on all cyclinders like we did against BU at the BPG. Can't wait game time is 26 1/2 hrs away

Keys to the Game

Albany

Even out the scoring in UA lose to Vermont Jamar was the only person with double digit points.  In our Win Brent, Jordan, and Jamar hit double digits.

As D96 Said try to contain Trimboli and Klimes I would also add Cieplicki who avg 13.5 last week in Bing, he also hit 14 against us in our lose up in Burlington.

Other Key's our Big Men Zoe, Covington and Connelly need to step up.  The Freshman got an interview today in the TU, saying they would be playing alot.  If Brian could hit 6-8 pts like he did on Senor night and Covington continue to be a banger in the boards that will help.  Zoe he needs to shut down Holms and help Brent against Kilmes.  Also he needs to stay out of foul trouble.  Given the past two games against Vermont he's going to have a battle on his hands tomorrow and he has been avg. 22 min a game, and has 9 fouls over those two games.

He dosn't score much avg. 4.5 a game, but he avg 4 rebounds a game.  He also needs to limit the amount of turnovers. 

Jamar needs to hit for about 20 pts which in a game like this I don't think it will be that hard. 

Aside from that make sure we come out firing on all cyclinders like we did against BU at the BPG.  Can't wait game time is 26 1/2 hrs away

12736[/snapback]

I think we need to play as a team just like we did against UNH. Jamar having a breakout game would be awesome but I rather see the whole team contribute. Jason Siggers did an awesome job the last time we played Vaermont and I think he has to dig in and do the same thing. We are more athletic, more talented and have a deeper rotation. I agree the cieplicki could be a factor if you give him open shots. He didnt play in Vermont's last appearance at the RACC and I bet he wants to give it to us. But who the hell is he. He cant compare to the firing squad of the Wilsons, Lou, Levi, Siggers, and K. Lets stay focused and come out with a W baby.

Go Danes

The biggest difference I saw from the disasterous start to the spectacular finish is energy on defence! We bagan the season with half hearted perimeter coverage and no help for the big guy when versus athletic fowards and centers. We weren't even contesting passes into the middle.

That attitude then transitioned into offense where the guys couldn't pass to save their lives (it's still a big weakness I think) and settled for one on one with the which simply doesn't work well against anyone from a well coached club.

Our most success lies in aggressive help defense that feeds a fast paced but under control offense. Energy is the key. If I see our guys come out intensely on defense I will smile and sit back comfortable no matter what the shooting percentage is because we will hold down Vermont's scoring and eventually our guys will find the touch and score more than them.