UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

What's UA doing wrong?

reeder

I just saw this in an article about Binghamton renovating some of their facilities:

This November, construction is planned to begin on two new soccer fields, and restoration work will begin on several others. The endeavor is to be funded by a $5 million grant secured by Senator Thomas Libous for Binghamton University.

I think HVCC got State funding of their baseball stadium (Joe Bruno?), Stony Brook got state funding for their football stadium (Senator Lavalle?).

You would think that Albany being the state capital would be able to get some funding for athletic facilities. I don't know if the RACC was funded with state dollars, but the new turf fields needed a private donor.

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Not really sure if it's connected at all, but the University seems to be constructing/building in general at a much faster pace than most schools. For example, I just read in the Rochester paper that SUNY Brockport is putting up their first new building in 30 years. I've been at UAlbany for almost 4 years now and I would probably need two hands to count all our new construction.

Maybe the University is spending a bit more capital (both financially and politically) than most schools and therefore can't just look at it from a 'building or not building' standpoint with our athletic facilities.

Just a thought.

Relax, the funding will come. The private donations need to reach $5,000,000 FIRST then the state will come in and add $30,000,000 as well as the City of Albany to the tune of $15,000,000.

OPEN UP YOUR CHECK BOOKS AND SEND $250-$1000 TO DON OSTROM. NOW!!!!!

Once the private donations are acheived then the City and State will get involved. They are waiting to see if the private donations will be made to see if there is any viability for a new football stadium. Once the stadium is built they will use the excess $ and overhaul the RAAC. SO START SPENDING FOLKS WE CONTROL HOW FAST THIS GETS DONE! SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CHECKBOOK. BE SURE TO WRITE DOWN FOR FOOTBALL STADIUM ON THE LINE ON THE CHECK!!!!!

YOU WANT NEW FACILITIES? THEN WE ALL HAVE TO SPEND AND GET TO 5MILLION....THAT REALLY ISINT ALOT WITH THE AMOUNT OF ALUMNI WE HAVE!!!!!!!. JUST FOR THE RECORD THERE ARE SOME VERY WEALTHY ALUMNI WHO ARE GETTING THE BALL ROLLING AS WE SPEEK.

IN THE WORDS OF BOB FORD...HO GANG! LETS GET AFTER IT!

Yes, there's been a lot of construction on campus, just not athletics facilities. Let's just hope it's due to decisions by the previous university policymakers, and not because Albany is a Demo. county and the above-named construction was in Republican strongholds, or because Assemblyman Canestrari and Senator Breslin are grads of Fordham and not sympathetic to SUNY.

If they break ground in the summer, they could probably start both at the same time, a parking lot wouldn't take long. Be tough parking for both football and the RACC for a year in any case, with all the construction equipment around.