UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hey UA 02 yeah it sucks, I guess u graduated in 02, and you didn't hear about fountain day in 2004, it made national news and gave us the distinction as the number one party school. It really made the school look bad, personally I blame the media who is always desprite for a story. Anyways what happened in O4 is that it was a really hot day, students and vistors came out in the largest number ever for fountain day, some got really drunk, and a few people had to be taken to the hospital because of injuries suffered from partying. Because of these factors the administration really cracked down in 2005, instituting all these policies, which I know are basically a crock, but thats another subject. They also changed the date because I guess some professors and students who didn't like having fountain day complained enough. IDK, I guess I was spoiled by 3 really great fountain days but it isn't as fun as it has been. I really don't like the fact that vistors are basically forbidden, and to an extent so are Alumni which is rather sad. That is basically the new fountain day in a nut shell.

Edited by B9j2j6s

Unfortuanetly I too was involved in Fountain Day 04, you probably dont know it but you saw my backside as I blocked cameras while rolling people to the ambulances. I think that it is really sad that one really bad year ruined what had been a great tradition. I think the combination of weather and alcohol really spelled trouble, but in all reality there were no "serious" injuries, just bumps, cuts and bruises from drunk people doing stupid things. I think it might be time to lighten up a little bit, or maybe wait a year or two and let those that were freshman during 04 graduate then start over. But right now it sucks!!

Hey I was in the 04' greatness too! I was a pirate

14240[/snapback]

it's not great when the ambulance crews were so overwhelmed that it warrented a Mass Casualty Incident response from neighboring agencies. Whether that was neccessary or not, it still looks bad because the media is just going to eat that up.