UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena OOC schedule

You guys have hammered Siena's OOC schedule up it is turning into a pretty good schedule.

Home: Albany, Hofstra, Bracketbuster, NJIT

Away: Maryland, Stanford, Holy Cross, Dartmouth, NJIT

One more home and away game to schedule.

Now I'm not in love with playing Dartmouth and NJIT twice but when you play the likes of Maryland, Stanford, Hofstra, and Albany (chuckle) you need a breather.

The Stanford game is part of a home-home series. Let me ask this could Albany get a home and home with Stanford? I think we know the answer to this question.

Siena will also host St. Joe's next year.

The Crown Jewel is alive and well thank you.

Let me ask this could Albany get a home and home with Stanford? I think we know the answer to this question.

14881[/snapback]

Probably, if we wanted to rent an off-campus arena like $iena does. Wouldn't like those putrid colors, though.

How was HVCC this year, Mike?

The Crown Jewel is alive and well thank you. - MTS

MTS your lunacy is exactly why I love to read Siena posts.

Maryland is an NIT ACC team which says alot.

Stanford is a 15-13 team with 11 of its wins coming against teams with worse RPIs then UA.

They are historically great names but not great programs right now.

It's good to balance it with NJIT not once but twice.

Remember the self proclaimed "Crown Jewel" is a mid level MAAC program for the last 5 years.

Enjoy paying for those great seats at the Pepsi echo chamber when 2/3 of the home games are bout 1/3 of capacity.

Just pay attention to what visiting team will put the most fannies in the seasts at the Pepsi again this season????

Stanford made something like 15 NCAA tournaments up until next year and I believe they're projected to be a top PAC-10 team next year. Maryland is very good, they'll most like be back in the tournament this year as well.

I'd rather Siena face Maryland and Stanford then say Duke and UCLA. This will give the Saints a chance to be competitive while dramatically boosting their RPI. Manhattan won at Maryland, so anything is possible. The Stanford game is Nov. 10 so maybe we can catch them early in the year.

It is ironic that Siena is playing two of the NCAA tournament teams they've faced in the tournament before this upcoming year and Albany is playing UConn after facing them in the NCAAs.

You guys have hammered Siena's OOC schedule up it is turning into a pretty good schedule.

Home: Albany, Hofstra, Bracketbuster, NJIT

Away: Maryland, Stanford, Holy Cross, Dartmouth, NJIT

One more home and away game to schedule.

Now I'm not in love with playing Dartmouth and NJIT twice but when you play the likes of Maryland, Stanford, Hofstra, and Albany (chuckle) you need a breather.

The Stanford game is part of a home-home series. Let me ask this could Albany get a home and home with Stanford? I think we know the answer to this question.

Siena will also host St. Joe's next year.

The Crown Jewel is alive and well thank you.

14881[/snapback]

UAlbany posters hammered your OOC schedule last year because posters on your board, led by your moderator, hammered UAlbany's conference schedule. There are insulting comments about our membership in the "AmericaLeast" posted on your board repetitively. UAlbany played the hand it was dealt.

UAlbany posters are giving you back a little of your own medicine. Sure, our conference RPI was weaker than your conference RPI this last season. Almost all UAlbany posters recognized that fact. So because of guilt by association, UAlbany was deemed by most posters as being a very weak Division I team.

When UAlbany posters replied about the high-ranking OOC teams we faced last year, then you got nasty again. When you can claim that you played 3 of the 4 best teams in the country competitively, as defined by how these teams fared in the NCAA tournament, then we'll talk about strength of schedule again.

Enjoy the relatively high-ranking status of your conference for now. From what I have read about players lost to graduation, low grades, transfers, etc., your conference may not be as strong as it has been in the recent past. The AmericaEast this year, in my estimation, will be much more competitive with its OOC conference this year than last season. We have extremely effective coaches now at just about every school, and they are bringing in a large number of quality players. I don't easily make predictions, but I am guessing our two conferences will be very close to equal strength in just two seasons.

Edited by olddog71

No doubt Stanford is a nice home game for Siena. It might even outdraw the Albany game next year.

Depending on who the other two games are against the rest of the games aren't bad. I have to admit, with the exception of the Bing I like Niagara's OOC more:

Nov 16th Binghamtom

Nov 18th Valparaiso

Nov 25th Duquesne or Akron

Nov 29th @Bona

Dec 2nd @UB

Dec 9th St John's

Dec 16th Akron or Duquesne

Dec 23rd @Central Michigan

Dec 28th @LaSalle Tourney vs Delaware

Dec 29th @LaSalle Tourney vs Holy Cross

Dec 30th @LaSalle Tourney vs LaSalle

Feb 17th Bracketbuster game at Home

Nice post olddog. That was a good synopsis of the situation. I've grown tired of the bickering. We're rivals, each with our own interests and prejudices. I love the rivalry, but I can contain myself at least until October.

I'm at Sage College of Albany now. I'm doing very well.

Siena is the Yankees and Albany is the Mets. Nothing wrong with that. Hey, the Mets are having a nice year as we speak. :rolleyes:  :unsure:

14883[/snapback]

Except The Yankees have what 26 World championships and Siena has how many. and if we are talking league championships the Yankees have 39 to Siena's 3. The only similarity Siena has with the Yankees is the arrogance of some of the fans. Given the number of championships the Yankees have won you could almost understand it in their case.

Edited by bob87

MTS (Moron Tony Siena???)

Lets be realistic.

Maryland made the NIT this past year and lost their 2 best players in Caner Medley and McCray. Stanford baredly made the NIT at 15-13 and lose their three leading scorers. Maryland will be lucky to have an overall winning record and will be at the bottom of the ACC and Stanford might be the worst team in the PAC 10 next year. A few years ago Maryland and Stanford might look good on a schedule. Playing UMASS now at the Pepsi is a more attractive game then playing Stanford at the Pepsi.

Siena fans are great. Tony is a die hard Hoop Scooper. UAlbany has a much higher ranked class than Siena based on the fact that all but one of Albanys kids are rated a 3. They smoke some serious crap on that board!