UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes starters for next year?

You guys know your team better obviously but if I had to guess based on numbers, I would think UAlbany starting line-up would be something like this come November.

PG- Jamar Wilson

SG- Jon Itai

SF- Brian Lillis

PF- Brent Wilson

C- Jimmie Covington or Brett Gifford

Not a bad line-up at all. Losing Jordan, Levine, and Zollner does hurt though. Those guys weren't stars but solid starters.

Siena's line-up with Kojo leaving probably will look something like this

PG- Kenny Hasbrouck

SG- Tay Fisher

SF- Edwin Ubiles- Freshman

SF- David Ryan

C- Michael Haddix

The game looks pretty even come Dec. 2 at the Pepsi at 1pm. I think the Saints have a slight edge but then again I'm a Siena fan! ;-)

Any thoughts on Albany's starters and your expectations for Albany next year? Back to postseason for the Danes?

Edited by MTS

I don't think you'll see that line-up at all.

1 - Lillis (has been at the point since he's been healthy)

2 - J. Wilson (gives him more ability to score)

3 - Siggers (impressive last year, with size, gets slight nod over Iati)

4 - B. Wilson (same as last year)

5 - Gifford (although Covington will certainly get his time here, the extra 4 inches from Brett helps...and Zo started over Jimmie here last year so with the positive "talk" about Brett that we've heard, I have to imagine he starts).

I was thinking the 12/2 game would be fairly even about a week ago, but with Kojo jumping ship I think we have the edge..on paper..which doesn't mean squat til tip-off. Not a 10-12 point blow-out prediction like we have seen from some $iena posters, but I think it's fair.

And I love the people (not just from Siena, but other AE schools as well) who ripped on Zo for everything every chance they got when he played, but now talk about the hit we suffer from losing him. :huh:

Lillis

Wilson

Siggers/Ross

B. Wilson

Gifford

Bench:

Siggers/Ross

Connelly (B.Wilson)

Iati

Knight

Yocum

Anderson

Covington

Yep....this team can legitimately go 12 deep.....and I wouldnt discount Bauman.

15056[/snapback]

Just reading that lineup makes me ... :D

15071[/snapback]

You guys know your team better obviously but if I had to guess based on numbers, I would think UAlbany starting line-up would be something like this come November.

PG- Jamar Wilson

SG- Jon Itai

SF- Brian Lillis

PF- Brent Wilson

C- Jimmie Covington or Brett Gifford

Not a bad line-up at all. Losing Jordan, Levine, and Zollner does hurt though. Those guys weren't stars but solid starters.

Siena's line-up with Kojo leaving probably will look something like this

PG- Kenny Hasbrouck

SG- Tay Fisher

SF- Edwin Ubiles- Freshman

SF- David Ryan

C- Michael Haddix

The game looks pretty even come Dec. 2 at the Pepsi at 1pm. I think the Saints have a slight edge but then again I'm a Siena fan! ;-)

Any thoughts on Albany's starters and your expectations for Albany next year? Back to postseason for the Danes?

15054[/snapback]

To answer your question on expectations. I expect we will have another exciting season and will contend for another NCAA berth. Obviously 1 thing that makes college sports great are that they are hard to predict. And sometimes teams that suck all season make the tournament with a hot streak like the 02 Saints BB team and other times teams that play well all season get a key injury at the wrong time and suffer like the 05 Danes W Volleyball team.

But, that being said I like UA basketball teams chances to make the tournament because I know how hard the coaches and players worked last season to improve and I expect that to continue.