UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The recruiting trail

From coachwillbrown.com:

07.17.06: It has been a busy month of July. I was out on the road recruiting July 6-15. I made stops in Indianapolis, Louisville, and Augusta. My staff hit NYC, NJ, West Virginia, Kansas City, Arkansas, and Texas. We are not allowed back on the road until July 22nd and we will be heading to Las Vegas, Orlando, Tulsa, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and NJ. It never ends!

We are focusing on the 2008 recruiting class. We will have five scholarships to give in that class. We have completed our recruiting for the 2007 class and we are very excited about the future of the program!

Our schedule will not be released until after September 1. The America East Conference is trying to improve our television package and is in negotiation right now. They will not release the conference schedule until they settle on a television deal. Our non conference schedule is set and it will be a very challenging non conference schedule. One that will get us ready for America East Conference play.

From coachwillbrown.com:
07.17.06: It has been a busy month of July. I was out on the road recruiting July 6-15. I made stops in Indianapolis, Louisville, and Augusta. My staff hit NYC, NJ, West Virginia, Kansas City, Arkansas, and Texas. We are not allowed back on the road until July 22nd and we will be heading to Las Vegas, Orlando, Tulsa, Kansas City, Los Angeles, and NJ. It never ends!

We are focusing on the 2008 recruiting class. We will have five scholarships to give in that class. We have completed our recruiting for the 2007 class and we are very excited about the future of the program!

Our schedule will not be released until after September 1. The America East Conference is trying to improve our television package and is in negotiation right now. They will not release the conference schedule until they settle on a television deal. Our non conference schedule is set and it will be a very challenging non conference schedule. One that will get us ready for America East Conference play.

15387[/snapback]

Reeder,

Thanks for the update. For one, I was wondering when the schedule might be released. Since it was distributed relatively early last year, I thought we might see it early this year, too. I also appreciate that Brown gave a reason why the games haven't been announced.

Wow! Sounds like the coaches aren't leaving a stone unturned in the search for future Great Danes. It's good to hear from the coach that the new players will help the team progress.

After last year's lineup of Florida, UConn, and others, it's difficult for me to realize a more difficult OOC schedule. And we will certainly need to be tested in a year when I see the AE as being much more tough and competitive. We already know some of the non-conference opponents, but I can't imagine the others in the lineup that should challenge us more. The coaching team is being very tight-lipped about the remaining games.

Once again, thanks for the information, and I enjoy being pleasantly surprised all the time.

I think the fact Brown and his staff can spend a whole summer evaluating and talking with 2008 recruits is remarkable. This really shows how far we have come as a program it is mid July and we are done with recruiting.

Also I'm glad to hear about the schedule

It's amazing to get that kind of a head start recruiting guys two years out. I can see now why coaches who take over a program have trouble getting good players for the first few years when other coaches are able to start this early. It's great (and rare) for us to have this kind of coaching stability.

If the staff is working on 2008 already I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson Brown is getting some recruit letters in the mail.

I can't imagine getting all these new recruits so far in advance if it had not been for the great national exposure we received in the UConn game.

Thank goodness the season turned around and we were able to go to the Big Dance. What a difference a month going through the regular season makes in the total team picture!

Brown is certainly taking advantage of the spotlight UAlbany was in last March.