UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• 4 weeks later...

From packernews.com (dated 8/24/06):

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../608240507/1989

Campbell's wait finally ends

Second-year linebacker Kurt Campbell has been waiting for more than a year to get his first taste of NFL game action.

Barring a setback this week, he should get that chance against the Bengals. Campbell, a seventh-round draft pick in 2005, missed all of his rookie season because he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the first week of training camp. He also missed the first two exhibition games this season, because he pulled a hamstring during the Aug. 5 scrimmage.

Campbell has worked as a backup at weak-side linebacker, which is A.J. Hawk's position, and probably is in a battle with Roy Manning and Tracy White for the final linebacker spot. Given that the Packers haven't seen Campbell in game action, the rest of the preseason is critical to his chances.

"I think it's as critical as it could be, really," Campbell said. "I don't know what my chances are, but all you can do is go out there and do your best."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...08/ai_n16483273

Last update from Packer's camp indicates that Kurt has been practicing and getting some time.  He got in a little scuffle yesterday with a running back during a blitz drill.

We wish him all the luck.

15540[/snapback]

Looks like Singleas is reading this board now.....

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story...sdate=8/28/2006

Anyone have any other story ideas for him???

I propose basic coverage of our football team that I think has a pretty big game coming up in the near future. Oh yeah, thats right we play this weekend. I almost forgot.

As much as I'd like to dump on the T-U, it's hard to blame them when we haven't posted our media guide yet.

Campbell should play some in the second half tonight on ESPN. Too bad he's behind the #1 draft choice on the depth chart. Packers cut to 75 players tomorrow and 53 next Friday.

As much as I'd like to dump on the T-U, it's hard to blame them when we haven't posted our media guide yet.

Campbell should play some in the second half tonight on ESPN. Too bad he's behind the #1 draft choice on the depth chart. Packers cut to 75 players tomorrow and 53 next Friday.

15812[/snapback]

Only saw the first half of the game..did Kurt see any action? The Packs couldn't really do any worse than they did in the first half, so I figured he'd see some time.

15812[/snapback]

Only saw the first half of the game..did Kurt see any action? The Packs couldn't really do any worse than they did in the first half, so I figured he'd see some time.

15813[/snapback]

I watched until the lightning delay. Not sure if they came back or not after that, but I didn't see him in there before that. The delay came with 9:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Oh man...either the Bengals are really really good...or the more likely scenario...the Packers are really really really bad.

From the Milwaukee paper:

Meanwhile, the Packers said goodbye to linebacker Kurt Campbell one day after he suffered what Thompson indicated was a major shoulder injury assisting on the tackle on the second-half kickoff.

The Packers announced that Campbell had been placed on injured reserve but an NFL source said the team actually had waived him as injured. A seventh-round draft choice in 2005, he missed all but the first week of his rookie season after reconstructive knee surgery and most of August drills with a hamstring injury.

``He's had a lot of bad luck,'' Thompson said. ``It's too bad. He's a good kid.''