UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New coach for women's tennis ?

Classof72/74

I see that the there's a new coach for women's tennis.

http://www.albany.edu/sports/stories.htm#kinard

What happened to Conny Grunes ?  She was listed as interim coach,and at 10-6 the team had more success than had been seen in awhile.

15549[/snapback]

I saw the same news release and wondered the same.

Grunes was from Germany. Is it possible that she wanted to return home?

she was a grad student...she was acutally living all of last year on Empire Commons. This is the 4th coach in 5 years and 5th since moving to D-I. Reading the track record, i ike what i see with this new one. Even more important, she is from the West Coast. That can be big with recruiting players.

she was a grad student...she was acutally living all of last year on Empire Commons. This is the 4th coach in 5 years and 5th since moving to D-I. Reading the track record, i ike what i see with this new one. Even more important, she is from the West Coast. That can be big with recruiting players.

15552[/snapback]

She is actually from the "tennis rich" south, being the former S. Carolina player of the year. She coached one season in Pullman, one in Lincoln.

This is another chance for us to move our recruiting efforts for ALL sports to the talented Southern States.

i mean she is coming from the west coast...but i mean look where she has played or coached...

south carolina

washington

nebraska

virginia

she has worked and played for some big time institutions all over the country