UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ESPN Summer Session

As far as I am concerned the play in game is not a bad game to be in. It is the ONLY game on that night and it gives the team a chance to get an NCAA Tourney win against a team that we would be more evenly matched with.

I still say "Why not us?" if we win the predicted play in game. Even though I don't think that we will be 'playing in' as the season progresses.

No mater where we wind up let us all remember that,

SSS

Edited by JonUA97

As far as I am concerned the play in game is not a bad game to be in.  It is the ONLY game on that night and it gives the team a chance to get an NCAA Tourney win against a team that we would be more evenly matched with.

I still say "Why not us?" if we win the predicted play in game.  Even though I don't think that we will be 'playing in' as the season progresses.

No mater where we wind up let us all remember that,

SSS

15720[/snapback]

If we are good enough to in the AE this year, the strength of our OOC schedule alone, could very well keep us out of the play-in game.

Regardless, some 12-17 team always winds up winning their conference tournament and in the play-in game. Let's just hope that team doesn't come out of the AE.

(edit...so long as that 12-17 isn't us!)

Edited by steve_gersztoff

Looking at CHN's top 144 and the conference winners listed below us, they have us as a 15th seed. ESPN has us in the play-in game. Either way a lot of work needs to be done to get back to the dance. The facts are that we need to win some quality OOC games before we can make any complaints about seeding. Actually the whole conference needs to step up to help who ever will be representing the AE.

As for the philly writer and the ESPN write-up I was a bit disappointed. It felt like a bad imitation of a summer session write-up. Maybe that’s just because as an AE fan I didn’t learn anything (although I liked the stat on team scoring averages). The Bing Stony Brook thing was a bit all over the place. At least they didn’t have an intern do the write up as the did for the Southland.