UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A few thoughts on Fordham

This game ruined my evening. The first week is out the window and teams are gonna discount us which may be a good thing but our "vaunted" reputation is shot especially against Monmouth! (BTW don't put huge stock in their win over Morgan State...they are a really bad team...not to discount Monmouth)There were some positives that did emerge from this game. BTWI did not realize how bad of a qb Bocanegra was or is let him return kicks and become a reciever. Was it just a bad outing? I am not sure.

To fake a punt on your own 21 is one of the worst calls I have seen. Even if he made the first down the call is still dumb. The % are greatly against you.

The refs calling a td back is just stupid. It was not a punt or kickoff...how can one chop block? Bull $iena Call!

O-Line sucked. They need to match the first weeks intensity especially this week.

Recievers for us still are terrible(except for Wall...woulda scored in the first half if we had a QB that could throw it and not hit the cb in the back)

Playcalling was poor...and like another poster stated FOR GOD SAKE SCRAP THE NO HUDDLE IT ONLY WORKS FOR PEYTON MANNING!

Now the positives:

OUR D IS STELLAR! THEY WILL NEED TO BE UNTIL THE O CATCHES UP!

We now have a qb. They said h he would start this year and now he will! I will not call him the second coming of Mike Milano just yet but he has ALL the tools.

Good Luck against Delaware. BTW CCSU will be tougher then Fordham so we don't get a break until after Cornell! But we need to beat CCSU and I am sure they will come in here thinking like UA did Sat night!

This game ruined my evening. The first week is out the window and teams are gonna discount us which may be a good thing but our "vaunted" reputation is shot especially against Monmouth! (BTW don't put huge stock in their win over Morgan State...they are a really bad team...not to discount Monmouth)There were some positives that did emerge from this game. BTWI did not realize how bad of a qb Bocanegra was or is let him return kicks and become a reciever. Was it just a bad outing? I am not sure.

To fake a punt on your own 21 is one of the worst calls I have seen. Even if he made the first down the call is still dumb. The % are greatly against you.

The refs calling a td back is just stupid. It was not a punt or kickoff...how can one chop block? Bull $iena Call!

O-Line sucked. They need to match the first weeks intensity especially this week.

Recievers for us still are terrible(except for Wall...woulda scored in the first half if we had a QB that could throw it and not hit the cb in the back)

Playcalling was poor...and like another poster stated  FOR GOD SAKE SCRAP THE NO HUDDLE IT ONLY WORKS FOR PEYTON MANNING!

Now the positives:

OUR D IS STELLAR! THEY WILL NEED TO BE UNTIL THE O CATCHES UP!

We now have a qb. They said h he would start this year and now he will! I will not call him the second coming of Mike Milano just yet but he has ALL the tools.

Good Luck against Delaware. BTW CCSU will be tougher then Fordham so we don't get a break until after Cornell! But we need to beat CCSU and I am sure they will come in here thinking like UA did Sat night!

16100[/snapback]

You get my e-mail?

Good observations Ruler, but I agree with Dane 96 re the receivers. They are pretty good. And yes, Wall did drop one that hit him in the forearm. Would have been a big gainer. They'll look better with Blasinsky tossing it to them. He's got a nice soft touch on the ball and showed pretty good accuracy.

CCSU beating GSU is pretty scary. Remember, they also beat Colgate last year. They have become the cream of the crop in the NEC. aybe we can make that creamed corn in two weeks.

Dump the no-huddle!

As good as CCSU was last year we only lost because we did not have a kicker. We had all the momentum last year and OT would of been tough considering that Disch was a man possessed.

Fast forward 2006 we are a better team and teams that have big wins as UA can attest to tend to have letdowns. They will be looking past us for sure which is a good thing.

I believe our D matches up well with their CCSU's O and will be able to contain them. The question is can our O score on their D. CCSU is a better D then Fordham. In fact thery are a better team, In fact we are a better team then Fordham, unfortunatly someone forgot to tell our offense!

GSU is down this year not to take anything away from CCSU they are a very good team. They right now are the team to beat. I like our chances against everyone on the schedule after Delaware if our O can get up to speed.

IMHO, the receivers are actually pretty good...Bocanegra couldnt hit the side of the barn however.  Jason Smith is going to be a good one. 

WALL MADE TWO COSTLY MISTAKES...but had a nice grab.

JMHO.

16102[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you here Dane 96....

While Bocanegra obviously played poorly, I think our receivers as a unit are sub par and do very little to help or make our quarterbacks look good. We have no go-to guy. Someone who will go up and get the ball and make a catch in traffic. A reliable, hard-nosed, tough receiver that will extend his arms and hold onto the ball after contact. Jason Smith may some day be this kind of receiver, but he is not one now. Gallucci and DeArayo certainly are not. Nor is our tight end. Wall is a #3-like receiver, but dropped a ball he should have caught. Josh Furnace has good hands but we don't seem to throw his way too often.

My suggestion (but not my idea) is to throw the ball to the guy with the best hands on the team, has great speed and strength and the player most likely to get the most YAC's.......................MARCUS ALLEN!! Put him in the slot or split out. The coaching staff seems to love Simmons in the backfield, so move Allen to receiver and get him the ball in the open field!!!!!

JMHO

PS Wish we had another Barksdale that we could move to receiver!

IMHO, the receivers are actually pretty good...Bocanegra couldnt hit the side of the barn however.  Jason Smith is going to be a good one. 

WALL MADE TWO COSTLY MISTAKES...but had a nice grab.

JMHO.

16102[/snapback]

I have to disagree with you here Dane 96....

While Bocanegra obviously played poorly, I think our receivers as a unit are sub par and do very little to help or make our quarterbacks look good. We have no go-to guy. Someone who will go up and get the ball and make a catch in traffic. A reliable, hard-nosed, tough receiver that will extend his arms and hold onto the ball after contact. Jason Smith may some day be this kind of receiver, but he is not one now. Gallucci and DeArayo certainly are not. Nor is our tight end. Wall is a #3-like receiver, but dropped a ball he should have caught. Josh Furnace has good hands but we don't seem to throw his way too often.

My suggestion (but not my idea) is to throw the ball to the guy with the best hands on the team, has great speed and strength and the player most likely to get the most YAC's.......................MARCUS ALLEN!! Put him in the slot or split out. The coaching staff seems to love Simmons in the backfield, so move Allen to receiver and get him the ball in the open field!!!!!

JMHO

PS Wish we had another Barksdale that we could move to receiver!

16112[/snapback]

I like a lot of what you are saying. I think Smith WILL be that guy..if he throws on 20 lbs. I thought Irani De (not going to try and spell it) was supposed to be a stud. what is going on.

And yes, wall is a 3rd receiver.

What is the deal with Simmons. Is this one of the kids on a ride. Is he that good? I agree...Allen in the Slot would be fantastic...but I dont think he has the size for the slot.

Delaware is not a big team physically (very similar to Lehigh) which we will line up well against them, in fact West Chester was a much bigger team(saw their game notes) but they are FAST and athletic as all hell. BTW they have D1 transfers coming out their a$$.

This kid (the new qb) better be ready to play in front of 20,000+ and Pete Rossamundo better have some gadgets thrown in his gameplan to take advatage of the over pursuit that comes with ferocious team speed which unfortunatly Delaware has alot of!!!!!

This is why we needed a Fordham win badly. CCSU will be coming to town in 2weeks undefeated and full of pi$$ and vinegar so we should of been 2-1. Now we may actually be 1-2...FUUUUUUUCCCCCK! I am not throwing dirt on them this year but anything worse then 7-4 is a flop this year!

CCSU is a must win for UA.

I am not throwing dirt on them this year but anything worse then 7-4 is a flop this year!

16115[/snapback]

Ruler, I know we have better talent, but I wonder how much you take into account the increased talent in the entire NEC. Not only Monmouth and CCSU have already shown it, but even St. Francis isn't the walkover it used to be.

So! Then it is ok to lose to St. Francis? We have already given a game away to a team with lesser talkent in Fordham. With the exception of Lehigh and Delaware we should be able to beat anyone on our schedule(I am not scared of Cornell one bit)

Everyone talks of how good Monmouth and CCSU are. We lost to them last season by 4 pts combined. Are we a better team this year? I thinkso but that is why they play the games.

WE CAN'T USE THEIR NEW TALENT AS AN EXCUSE. WE HAVE JUST AS MUCH TALENT.

Do you thinki they would be happy at 5-6 or 6-5? I don't. I will sytand by my last post, I think less then 7-4 is a flop.