UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

07-08 Recruit Info

ambrose.gif

Tim Ambrose: An Exciting Player To Watch

Tim Ambrose By Mike Sullivan

Publisher

Posted Jun 1, 2006

Tim Ambrose is a delight to watch. The Our Savior New American guard is an athletic wonder who can sky over bigger bodies despite not being more than 6-foot tall. Ambrose is expected to compete this summer with the New York Elite ...

Tim Ambrose is a delight to watch. He is an athletic guard who can dazzle a defender with his speed, strength or athletic skills. Ambrose, a 6-foot 2007 recruit played last season at Our Savior New American in Centereach, N.Y. It's likely that Tim will be at a prep school this Fall.

Ambrose already has some college offers on the table. "Albany, Stony Brook, and Fordham have offered," Ambrose said in our last conversation. "But I am not sure what I will do."

The staff of the New York Elite indicate that Tim is still open and searching for a prep school. Ambrose stated recently that he is interested in Notre Dame Prep, Stoneridge, and Patterson.

Tim polished his game as a senior this past year under OSNA head coach Ron Stelzer. Earlier in the season there was some interest from schools like Southern Cal, St. John's, Georgetown, Clemson, and Fairfield. But no offers were made.

Selects A School

By Brian Towey of NewYorkInsider.com, June 19, 2006 at 8:44pm ET

Tim Ambrose Profile

While his eye-catching athleticism and scoring tools had afforded Tim Ambrose feelers from all kinds of Division I programs, a lack of a qualifying SAT score had left the scoring guard from Our Savior New American in limbo. On Monday, Ambrose settled on his future destination when he decided to enroll at the University of Albany in the fall as a partial qualifier, according to sources close to the situation.

The commitment from the 5-foot-11 Ambrose represents something of a coup for the America East program, coming off of a heady performance against UConn in the first round of the NCAA tournament. An impressive physical specimen, Ambrose is a high major athlete, thickly built and an explosive leaper. He was one of the New York area's most exciting run-and-jump athletes this past winter, a player capable of playing above the rim despite his stature.

• 1 month later...

Billy Allen

6'6 SF

Class of 2007

Hamilton, Ohio

High School Stats for the Current Season

From Hoopmasters:

Albany adds Ohio wing forward...

By Van Coleman van@hoopmasters.com

Will Brown and his staff at Albany continue to recruti the Midwest with the addition this week of 6-6 Billy Allen...

According to a source close to the program, the Albany Great Danes have once again dipped into the Midwest and have added a quality wing in 6-6 215-pound Billy Allen from Hamilton, OH this week to their Class of 2007.

Allen has good bounce, and ability to attack hoop off the dribble, that he sets up with a sweet outside jumper from beyond the arc. (40% 3pfg as Junior). He averaged 17.3 points and 7.6 rebounds an outing for Hamilton last season.

He chose Albany over interest from Miami (OH), Dayton, Oakland, Pennsylvania, Princeton, and recently Stanford.

From Hoopscoop:

We also have confirmed that 6'6 Billy Allen from Hamilton (H.S.) OH has verbally committed to the University of Albany and we think this is a great catch for the Great Danes, because Allen is one of the best outside shooters in the nation, as his evident by the fact that he shot 40.9% (54-132) from beyond the arc as a high school junior a year ago. Allen will be ranked in the 250-300 nationally when we publish our Ranking of the Top Players Nationally in the Class of 2007 and he's an excellent student, which explains why he also had schools like Stanford, Dayton, Miami-OH, Pennsylvania, Oakland, and Princeton on on his list.

From the UAlbany site:

Allen was named to the 2005-06 Associated Press Division I All-Ohio squad in the honorable mention category. He averaged 17.3 points, 7.9 rebounds and 5.0 assists when he was chosen to the All-Southwest District second team. Allen, who posted a triple-double in one game as a junior, also earned a spot on the All-Greater Miami Conference squad. He contributed 12.0 points and 5.5 rebounds in his sophomore campaign, and was the sixth man on Hamilton 's 2003-04 Division I state championship team.

"He understands the game as a coach's son," UAlbany head coach Will Brown said. "He is a big-time shooter and plays every position on the floor for his high school team. His versatility, shooting ability and physical make-up will allow him the opportunity to make an impact as a freshman."

Edited by Dane Pound

Billy Allen is ranked in The ESPN 150 at 126 with a Scout's, Inc. grade of 82. The rankings were updated on 11/28/06.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/espn150

Scouts, Inc. High School Grading System

90-100: Rare Prospect

Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. Is a player that has all the skills to take over a game and could be an impact player as a true freshman.

80-89: Outstanding Prospect

Player has the ability to create mismatches against most opponents. He is a player that could be a contributor as a true freshman.

• 2 months later...
What is a partial qualifier? Will Ambrose be on the team next season?

It means his high school work and/or SAT didn't meet NCAA standards for freshmen. He's attending college classes but cannot practice with the team. If his grades are acceptable he can play next year.

What is a partial qualifier? Will Ambrose be on the team next season?

It means his high school work and/or SAT didn't meet NCAA standards for freshmen. He's attending college classes but cannot practice with the team. If his grades are acceptable he can play next year.

Oh ok, thanks. I hope he gets those grades up! Looks like he would be an exciting player to have ... . In a way, it's not the worst thing in the world: he gets a year to get used to college coursework, a year to develop physically (though it would appear that that is not necessary), and he would still have four years of eligibility after his first year of coursework. Most kids don't finish in 4 years (8 semesters) anyway. I think I took 9 semesters for my B.A., and many kids take more than that. Let's hope for the best!

Edited by UA_MA_2000

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like this man can absolutely throw it DOWN!

Some other video's of Raffa.....these are highlights of the games so it's not just about him, but since he is the star of the team most plays in one way or another involve him.

Can anyone tell the number of the guy at the end? It looks like Raffa but not sure, if it is then apparently he can throw it down to.

for 46 points

Man....this guy looks great, can't wait to see him and Ambrose in the back court.

EDIT: I should say he looks great on the offensive end, no idea what we are getting on defense here. These are also just highlights so I'm sure there is a fair amount of things he can improve on that we can't see in these clips.

Edited by bosiydid

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like this man can absolutely throw it DOWN!

Some other video's of Raffa.....these are highlights of the games so it's not just about him, but since he is the star of the team most plays in one way or another involve him.

Can anyone tell the number of the guy at the end? It looks like Raffa but not sure, if it is then apparently he can throw it down to.

for 46 points

Man....this guy looks great, can't wait to see him and Ambrose in the back court.

EDIT: I should say he looks great on the offensive end, no idea what we are getting on defense here. These are also just highlights so I'm sure there is a fair amount of things he can improve on that we can't see in these clips.

Any clips of Allen?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OhioPreps Top Seniors

1. Kosta Koufos 7-foot-1 Canton (Glen Oak)--Ohio State

2. Chris Wright 6-foot-7 Trotwood (Madison)--Dayton

3. Jon Diebler 6-foot-7 Upper Sandusky (HS)--Ohio State

4. Dante Jackson 6-foot-5 Greenfield (McClain)--Xavier

5. William Thomas 6-foot-5 East Cleveland (Shaw)--West Virginia

6. Dallas Lauderdale 6-foot-9 Solon (HS)--Ohio State

7. Aaron Poque 6-foot-8 Dayton (Dunbar)--Vincennes JC

8. Nick Winbush 6-foot-6 Shaker Heights (HS)--Miami/Ohio

9. Chris Wyse 6-foot-4 Toldeo (Scott)--Hargrave Prep

10. James Davis 6-foot-5 Columbus (Linden McKinley)--Toledo

11. Joe Jakubowski 6-foot-2 Toledo (St. Johns)--Rice

12. Ronnie Stewart 5-foot-10 Columbus (Eastmoor)--Akron

13. Alex Kellogg 6-foot-7 Columbus (DeSales)--Providence

14. Mike Porrini 6-foot-1 Massillon (Washington)--West Carolina

15. Brett McKnight 6-foot-5 Lancaster (HS)--Akron

16. Troy Tabler 6-foot-3 Cincinnati (Moeller)--

17. Joe Latas 7-foot-0 Bedford (Chanel)--Cleveland State

18. Norris Cole 6-foot-1 Dayton (Dunbar)--Cleveland State

19. Camden Miller 6-foot-8 Wheelersburg (HS)--West Carolina

20. D'Aundray Brown 6-foot-4 Youngstown (Ursuline)--Cleveland State

21. Daitwan Eppinger 6-foot-6 Garfield Heights (HS)--Cleveland State

22. Bobby Austin 6-foot-3 Cincinnati (LaSalle)--Furman

23. Antoine Wilhite 6-foot-7 Cincinnati (Lockland)--Findlay

24. Billy Allen 6-foot-5 Hamilton (HS)--Albany

Edited by Patch

KingDane - I have no clue.

I would imagine/hope we would be done.

I think in one of Coach Brown's Blog entries he said everyone will be on campus this summer. I would guess returnees probably both summer sessions and newbies session II. As they arrive word will leak out who is here.

More ratings on Allen....

Rick Bolus' High Potential® Basketball Recruiting Service, Inc.

Boys ~ March 2007 Edition

Ohio Wrapup Report For 2006-2007

The Top 100+ Seniors

NAME HT CLASS POS SCHOOL

Top 12

Kosta Koufos 7-0 Sr. C Canton Glen Oaks

Chris Wright 6-7 Sr. F Trotwood Trotwood-Madison

Dallas Lauderdale 6-9 Sr. C-F Solon

Jon Diebler 6-6 Sr. G Upper Sandusky

William Thomas 6-5 Sr. PG East Cleveland Shaw

Dante Jackson 6-5 Sr. SM Greenfield McClain

Aaron Pogue 6-8 Sr. F-C Dayton Dunbar

Ronnie Steward 5-10 Sr. PG Columbus Eastmoor

Troy Tabler 6-5 Sr. G Cincinnati Moeller

James Davis 6-5 Sr. G Columbus Linden-McKinley

Joe Latas 6-11 Sr. C Bedford Chanel

Joe Jakubowski 6-1 Sr. PG Toledo St. Johns

Top Sleeper

Michael Williams 6-8 Sr. C-F Dayton Belmont

Second 12

Nick Winbrush 6-6 Sr. F Cleveland Shaker Heights

Daitwin Eppinger 6-5 Sr. F Garfield Heights

Billy Allen 6-5 Sr. SM Hamilton

Mike Porrini 6-1 Sr. G Massillon Washington

D'Aundray Brown 6-4 Sr. SM Youngstown Ursuline

Julian Wilkison 6-1 Sr. PG Cincinnati Anderson

Brett McKnight 6-5 Sr. F Lancaster

Alex Kellogg 6-6 Sr. F Columbus DeSales

Lamar Skeeter 5-10 Sr. G Kettering Fairmont

Tyler Sparks 6-4 Sr. SM Olmsted Falls

Brandon Harris 6-8 Sr. C-F Akron St. Vincent St. Mary

Scott Moviel 6-9 Sr. C Lakewood St. Edward

Excellent finds Patch......looking good, we should be deep on the wings. Do you are does anyone know if any of the workouts, practices are open to the public where we can watch the new guys play? I know they aren't official practices but the workouts, pickups games. Thanks