UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A few thoughts

1. Where is Hughes? At what point is he no longer a member of the team?

2. What is the worst record a division 1 team has ever had?

3. What is the biggest turnaround in wins from one season to the next?

4. Time Warner cable is going to carry three more games - the good news is that capital district sports fans will see UA, the bad news is that they will probably not look very good and that won't turn into bodies in the RACC next year.

5. What's up with Dyson? - I saw the posts about the flu, but his stats over the last year look about the same - 6 to 10 points per game. I know the articles say double double, but I haven't that looking at last year's box scores (although they don't show rebounds, he rarely scored double digit points).

6. I bet if Jordan and Zoellner were available with a healthy Wilson, UA would be a .500 team.

reeder

6. I bet if Jordan and Zoellner were available with a healthy Wilson, UA would be a .500 team. - reeder

If we had Jamar at full strength we'd be over .500 - if we didn't have Jamar and instead we had Zoellner and Jordan we'd be over .500

And if we only win 1 or 2 more games you can bet we'll have the best one year turn around next year!

I happened to know some of the Wagner Coaching staff and got to speak with them after the game.

Without me inquiring they told me UA was going to be good next year. They knew of our transfers and brought up that Dyson was going to be a real good one and they were high on Brent Wilson also.

1. Where is Hughes? At what point is he no longer a member of the team?

2. What is the worst record a division 1 team has ever had?

3. What is the biggest turnaround in wins from one season to the next?

4. Time Warner cable is going to carry three more games - the good news is that capital district sports fans will see UA, the bad news is that they will probably not look very good and that won't turn into bodies in the RACC next year.

5. What's up with Dyson? - I saw the posts about the flu, but his stats over the last year look about the same - 6 to 10 points per game. I know the articles say double double, but I haven't that looking at last year's box scores (although they don't show rebounds, he rarely scored double digit points).

6. I bet if Jordan and Zoellner were available with a healthy Wilson, UA would be a .500 team.

1.) I think if you un-enroll from school while in good standing, you are allowed to come back to the same school without sitting out a year, although you lose a year of eligibility (??). I remember reading about this in the Times Union when Gallup was going then coming back then going again. They speculated at the time that although he had unenrolled from classes, he could still come back to UA until he enrolled full-time elsewhere. Obviously when you un-enroll, you put yourself at jeopardy for not being in good academic standing, though.

So assuming Hughes has un-enrolled (he would be foolish not to if he hasn't been around all semester), then he could conceivably come back at some point ... at least in theory, going on what that article said a couple years ago. Just throwing it out there. Someone back me up or refute it, but I think that's about correct.

2.) UAlbany Division I, or all-time all-Division I? That would be quite a research project, as I'm sure the NCAA doesn't have "futility" standings in its recordbooks. Also, I'm sure that even the worst of the worst start-up all-time Division I teams played some cupcakes, i.e. a local Division II or NAIA school to get at least one or two wins. So it would be quite a debate.

3.) Something to be looked up for sure.

4.) Ditto, although they say that any publicity is good publicity.

You guys gotta learn to relax...........and read! Coach Spisto is a great guy and a great coach.........where was it written he wasn't??? In fact the entire coaching staff is excellent and will begin to recieve thier due recognition next year when we increase the talent level and the number of serviceable players......and have the largest W-L turnaround in NCAA history. If you guys are so uptight now how are you going to be by the end of the season?? Hide the sharp objects and stay away from tall buildings.

PROF Couldn't agree with you more when you say that Coach Spisto is a "class act"..........I am sure he would be honored to know that a person such as yourself who exudes "class" would hold him in such high regard.

DOWNTOWN relax

Go to the $iena site they're killing their players and coaches. They're like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

At least here we have people standing up for our coaches and our players!!!!!

Being mature I understand your weak effort at humor. In fact - though a little cruel - I did get a slight chuckle out of the true meaning of your post.

I have been staying away from tall buildings and sharp objects because I want to be around for the big turnaround in 04/05. When we can attack opponents with waves of players.

Edited by Patch

"DOWNTOWN"

You are truly a "Gentleman and a Scholar".

Your wit and tact are appreciated.

Just so you are the first to know we will be writing a syndicated column on "relaxation and class" probably due to a recommendation from you.

Our first column will be out shortly. Look for "Patch and the Prof" in you local newspaper.