UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2-0 = NEC Title (or at least a share)

8-3 is not out of the question. The running game is coming around. Now is that because our last 3 opponents are terrible or is the O-line starting to get things done? I don't know! I think it is a combination. I believe they are playing better.

The T/O's are less (and were expected in a monsoon) but they are still occuring. Thankfully at a lesser pace and it has not cost us the last 3 games. Penalties are decreasing as well. I know a perfect game is impossible but we will have to cut them (TO and Penalties)in half from here to beat our next two opponents. Ford/Rossomundo have opened up the passing game, I was shocked they threw the ball as many times as they did in that weather against a good Wagner D.

Now we need to focus on RMU. They are young but very good. They held Monmouth to 16 and beat CCSU although CCSU should of beaten them. Still they only scored 14 against Wagner on a dry track. If we can continue our running attack and spread the ball around underneath like Ford has been doing I think we have the horses to get it done in PA. BTW we need more pressure and sacks. The front 7 has played well as of late but we need more pressure...especially against monmouth. That qb sat back and threw at will against CCSU.

Monmouth (I watched on TV) is also beatable. Their D is on the same level as ours. They have a better qb and one GREAT reciever. More on Monmouth next time!

Just noticed the first Troy Record story of the year

UAlbany has found effective backfield tandem

There were little flags around the hash marks today, like they'd dropped more grass seed. I don't know how much it can grow in two weeks with only ten hours of daylight and a freeze coming. The field didn't look too bad today, but another game in the rain won't do it any good.

There were little flags around the hash marks today, like they'd dropped more grass seed. I don't know how much it can grow in two weeks with only ten hours of daylight and a freeze coming. The field didn't look too bad today, but another game in the rain won't do it any good.

17084[/snapback]

why don't they just put FieldTurf down?

17084[/snapback]

17086[/snapback]

Because its around $800,000 for good field turf and why spend that money on Univserity Field when its going to be a stadium parking lot in three years?

The stadium field will be field turf.

17084[/snapback]

17086[/snapback]

Because its around $800,000 for good field turf and why spend that money on Univserity Field when its going to be a stadium parking lot in three years?

17087[/snapback]

They haven't even broken ground yet, or even showed us a model of what the stadium is going to look like and you expect it to be built in 3 years? Do they even have the funds secured yet for the project? I hope you're right though. I'll believe it when they start shoveling.

17084[/snapback]

17086[/snapback]

17087[/snapback]

They haven't even broken ground yet, or even showed us a model of what the stadium is going to look like and you expect it to be built in 3 years? Do they even have the funds secured yet for the project? I hope you're right though. I'll believe it when they start shoveling.

17088[/snapback]

We shall see in the near future....I hope....but what I will say is that just because "we" haven't seen models doesn't mean they don't exist. ;);)

Dane96 has said on the AGS board that this plan of Southern Illinois' proposal is nearly identical to ours, except the addition to be built on the RACC comes nearly up to the end zone on the left, instead of the tunnel

Edited by UAalum72

1. The whole stadium thing is getting frustrating. I heard McElroy interviewed and he talked about some environmental study that they are planning - it has been about 2 years and they are just now doing environmental impact studies?

2. Having plans doesn't mean much - still not clear where the $ are coming from. I donate to the athletics department every year and I don't recall seeing a recent reequest to support a stadium.

1. The whole stadium thing is getting frustrating.  I heard McElroy interviewed and he talked about some environmental study that they are planning - it has been about 2 years and they are just now doing environmental impact studies?

2. Having plans doesn't mean much - still not clear where the $ are coming from.  I donate to the athletics department every year and I don't recall seeing a recent reequest to support a stadium.

17095[/snapback]

:)

With regard to plans not meaning much...I agree. But its progress right now.

Edited by danefan

Had the chance to chat with Chancellor Ryan yesterday and brought up the stadium project. He definitely seems like a big supporter of this thing being done. Said that when he was Pres. here, he could not believe that what we have is our actual 'stadium.' Said that Ford deserves the stadium while he's still here, and that he's impressed with how much the Coach has been able to do, especially recruiting wise, with what little we have to offer in our current field.

Mentioned an analagous situation while he was at Navy where the Midshipmen were losing recruits to the Air Force Academy because of their superior facilities. He recognized it as a serious problem and made sure that Annapolis had serious stadium upgrades.

Remember, Ryan was the guy who authorized the funding for our new lacrosse/field hocky fields..and look at the results already! He said he wants to at least see some 'bowl stadium with even 15,000 or 10,000 seats.' He did mention that President Hall's much too early passing was tough for the stadium process.