UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena v UA tickets

Is there a football game, for certain, at Albany on Dec 2.

The DIII v D1 game of February 3, 1977. It did not get any better than that. 62-49 at the ARCH, or whatever the Indians called their hovel at the time. That was the final performance against Albany because Loudenville was DI and had much bigger fish to fry.

Interestingly however, in the 1978 and 79 seasons the Indians scheduled other D-II and D-III schools, including North Adams State. They simply saw the downside in getting whipped by the local D-III team.

I still remember watching Bill Kirsch avoiding Doc at the conclusion of the game. Very classy. Some things never change.

The DIII v D1 game of February 3, 1977. It did not get any better than that.  62-49 at the ARCH, or whatever the Indians called their hovel at the time. That was the final performance against Albany because Loudenville was DI and had much bigger fish to fry.

Interestingly however, in the 1978 and 79 seasons the Indians scheduled other D-II and D-III schools, including North Adams State. They simply saw the downside in getting whipped by the local D-III team.

I still remember watching Bill Kirsch avoiding Doc at the conclusion of the game. Very classy. Some things never change.

17397[/snapback]

If Albany wins...and CCSU wins...YES....there will be a game...and a very good one.

The DIII v D1 game of February 3, 1977. It did not get any better than that.  62-49 at the ARCH, or whatever the Indians called their hovel at the time. That was the final performance against Albany because Loudenville was DI and had much bigger fish to fry.

17397[/snapback]

That game was at the Washington Armory, and I think it attracted more than 6,000 people. Yes, it was a very satisfying match.

KingDane, I misled you on that "two games" issue. I was thinking of this coming weekend, with the Bucknell game. I was supposed to be looking forward to the weekend with the Siena game. As Dane96 already posted, there is no guaranteed game at this point of another football game this season. Let's hope we will see one. I'm sorry to mislead you on the info I posted.

The 1977 game was definitely not at the Armory - it was on the Siena campus. I was there and I have the T-U article to this day. Here is the first paragraph, written by Bill Heller:

'Even the Albany State players, the same ones who had just beaten Siena College 62-49 on Siena's court, had trouble accepting victory in the final meeting between the two schools Thursday night before a noisy crowd of 2,994.'

There were Albany-Siena games at the Armory as well as at Cardinal McCloskey HS. There was a great one at the SUNY gym which Albany won when a brawl broke out with about 3 minutes remaining and the refs called the game.

The final paragraph of the T-U article:

Siena coach Bill Kirsch was asked about the end of the rivalry, he responded, "play them again? For what? What do we have to prove?"

Siena, always a class act.

The 1977 game was definitely not at the Armory - it was on the Siena campus.  I was there and I have the T-U article to this day. Here is the first paragraph, written by Bill Heller. . . .

17401[/snapback]

I apologize again. I was at that last game, too, but my memory must have failed me. I cannot verify it from my information. I threw out my stuff from that era sometime last year. Sorry again!

We are having some production issues with the t-shirts. I am working dilligently to solve this problem ASAP.

I will let everyone know when I get a vendor who is willing to work with me for a short run of t-shirts.

However I can not take credit for the design, Kudos to my travel partner for the design. I'm just the go to guy on the printing.

SSS

We are having some production issues with the t-shirts.  I am working dilligently to solve this problem ASAP.

I will let everyone know when I get a vendor who is willing to work with me for a short run of t-shirts.

However I can not take credit for the design, Kudos to my travel partner for the design.  I'm just the go to guy on the printing.

SSS

17415[/snapback]

there is a place in troy on hoosic that is pretty quick with making t shirts.....forget the name but will look it up if you need me to

We are having some production issues with the t-shirts.  I am working dilligently to solve this problem ASAP.

However I can not take credit for the design, Kudos to my travel partner for the design.  I'm just the go to guy on the printing.

SSS

17415[/snapback]

there is a place in troy on hoosic that is pretty quick with making t shirts.....forget the name but will look it up if you need me to

17448[/snapback]

Please send that over to me. I am having some trouble finding a reliable vendor here on Long Island.

SSS

SSS

17415[/snapback]

17448[/snapback]

Please send that over to me. I am having some trouble finding a reliable vendor here on Long Island.

SSS

17469[/snapback]

They where pretty easy to work with and fast as on site I think.

They did softball team and reliable.

good luck....

anyone else have connections in the albany area for shirt production?

Save | Print | Update | Send | Send | What's Nearby

to cell phone | to email address

A Screen-It Limited

668 Hoosick Rd, Troy, NY 12180

map | driving directions

Rate It phone: (518) 272-1606

http://www.screenitltd.com

Archived