UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Harvard Win

Great job by the guys to pull that one out. Listening on the web radio feed, that last minute took 10 minutes to play and I expected a tying 3 pointer to send the game into overtime and we all know how well we play in OT. But this win doesn't mean much if we lose one of the next 2 games before heading out west. Don't know much about Bonaventure but I looked at last years boxscore for Cornell where we won by 9. Their scorer was freshman Adam Gore who had 17 but he is out for season with torn ACL. Need to take of business the next 2 and then at worse, split out in Utah so we head into AE play on a roll.

I can continue the "glass half empty" theme. How about the fact that we are a team that can only play 6 deep. Here is the line from our bench minus Connelly

24min. 0-9 from the floor, 0-4 from 3 (3 misses from Iati in 3 min played), 3 reb, 1 ast, 0 st, 0 to, 0 blk, 3pf (all from Covington in 3 min. played). :unsure:

At least turn the ball over a few times to prove you were there B)

I was thinking something similar last night. Although mine was more along the lines of "how much better will we be when we get some contribution from the bench? (Connelly withstanding in a big way)"

The frontcourt was supposed to be the question mark but for the most part Brent, Gifford and Connelly have played very well. It amazes me still that Reid Anderson has gone past three upperclassman to be the first guard off the bench.

the question of playing time and contributions from the bench really makes me curious of what is going on in practice. I could see Covington and Iati doing well in practices but their talents not translating to games. Iati's defensive deficiencies and Covington's foul habits are probably not big deals in practice. I can also see Iati hitting everything in practice. Right now as a fan I want to see Yocum on the floor as the 4th forward...more to just see what he can do (or can't do). Either way the 4th forward’s minutes should be limited to 5 or so. As for the guard position, all of the back-up guards would benefit from more time on the floor. Iati v. Knight? IMO pick one and sit the other. Anderson v. Ross? I think Anderson is playing right now by default since Ross had been a bit of a liability in terms of playing within the system on both O and D. From what I have seen Ross he has the potential to be a defensive spark. I don't see Anderson as a defensive stopper but I'm not sure.

What would be fun is to see is Iati, Knight, Ross, Anderson and Yocum all check in at the same time. Mix Covington in as well. Press full court for 2-3 minutes. Then bring back in starters. Maybe a nice early lead against the Bonnies can let this happen

Archived