UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown Suspended for Bingo?

As per Wyland tonight, and as alluded to on the T-U blog, Coach Brown may be sitting out the Bingo game for comments about the AE schedule.

The entrance to the slippery slope of censorship may be entered by Nero.

(And here I feared any suspension would be by the NCAA over officiating calls.)

Heard that on Big Board as well. And now that section is off of the Coach's website blog. I'm sure there's information I don't have, but how could the AE not think it's a foolish move to have so many games in such a short time? I could understand if he said 'the America East is dumb and should be ashamed, etc.." But he simply said he thought the scheduling move was a poor decision.

Oh well, hopefully the team uses this as a bit of motivation. And Coach Eaton (assuming he will take the main responsibilities as the Associate Head Coach) is certainly a worthy fill-in, no worries there.

For anyone familiar with the rules in a situation like this, can Coach Brown still attend the game (ex. sit in the stands, be in the locker room, etc.)?

Heard that on Big Board as well. And now that section is off of the Coach's website blog. I'm sure there's information I don't have, but how could the AE not think it's a foolish move to have so many games in such a short time? I could understand if he said 'the America East is dumb and should be ashamed, etc.." But he simply said he thought the scheduling move was a poor decision.

Oh well, hopefully the team uses this as a bit of motivation. And Coach Eaton (assuming he will take the main responsibilities as the Associate Head Coach) is certainly a worthy fill-in, no worries there.

For anyone familiar with the rules in a situation like this, can Coach Brown still attend the game (ex. sit in the stands, be in the locker room, etc.)?

Has this been announced officially? I didn't see anything online. And I didn't think he would be suspended.

Maybe a slap on the wrist, but I don't see the conference making Brown sit out a game. Especially for a game aginst bing.

Brown does have a right to complain about this other schools in the AE have atleast half the same schedule as we do. I took the time to go down the list of every team to see the games that will be played with only one day inbetween. Now I can understand the logic of the AE wanting its champion to have the hardest schedule but this really is a Joke, 7 out of 16 games nearly half of our schedule will be played back to back. The only team that has remotely the same situation is Maine but they have 3 days after one three game stretch 1/9-1/13 and then they have a week after the 1/18 game to prepare for the final two game series.

UA 1/9,1/11,1/13, 1/15, 2/3,2/5,2/7

Binghamton 1/9,1/11,1/13,1/15

Boston 1/9,1/11,1/13 2/3,2/5

Hartford 1/11,1/13,1/15, 2/3,2/5

Maine 1/9,1/11,1/13 1/16,1/18 1/25,1/27

UMBC 1/9,1/11 1/16,1/18

SBU No back to back games

UVM 1/9,1/11,1/13

Archived