UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Hoop Program

Maybe nobody cares, but, I think Mr. McElroy needs to take a close look at the Women's program--where it is--and where we want it to go. Are we content with what we have? I think a coaching change and a fresh start with a motivated coach is needed. The young women on the team are not at fault.

I am going to limit my conversation on this topic because of who I am and what I do. All I will say when looking at this program is look at the mid-major conference we are in (relation to women's basketball). If you do not think this team is better then last year, your crazy. Then look at the out of conference schedule this team played. Look at the frosh this year (the first time every player on the team is from this staff). If you don't think this coach is motivated, then you shouldn't even be talking about this basketball team.

The diagnosis is wrong by you, that is all I will say.

I am going to limit my conversation on this topic because of who I am and what I do. All I will say when looking at this program is look at the mid-major conference we are in (relation to women's basketball). If you do not think this team is better then last year, your crazy. Then look at the out of conference schedule this team played. Look at the frosh this year (the first time every player on the team is from this staff). If you don't think this coach is motivated, then you shouldn't even be talking about this basketball team.

The diagnosis is wrong by you, that is all I will say.

If that is the case It doesn't show.

im sorry purple, but thats pure bull...you only have to watch this team this year to see that its bull. This maybe the most motivated teams I have seen in my time covering / watching them.

As I said initially---I am not questioning the players or their motivation. They work hard. I am questioning the overall direction of this program, look at the record.

Alright the women's team has improved leaps and bounds from where they were last year.

The team has battled injuries over the past few years and I've been very impressed by the improvement especially beating UVM at home. BTW UA was picked to finish last in the league currently they are tied for 5th and have matched there conference wins from last year.

I dont know why these last three games should sour people on the ladies. They played well but lost against Stony Brook, awful the first half against hartford and well the second half. Then they threw up a stinker against UNH. It looks to me that they are playing up aand down like the young team they are. Against both Maine and BUMA they were competitive. I for one am a card carrying fan of the women and love to watch them and their coaching staff for that matter. Would I prefer them to have better record? Sure! However I think their direction is upward.

I am not going to get into this conversation excepy for this post.

purplehaze and GD84 here are some stats

AE currently 16th ranked conference

UA RPI 234 its overall strength of schedule is a solid 186

OOC - 1) Almost every school plays a few big time opponents and losses are expected.

2) 6 games against 250+ RPI teams the Danes are 3-3

You guys should stop name calling and start listing what you see as actual strengths and weaknesses

Archived