UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boston bars

Dane 96 -

Can you recommend any good bars in the Back Bay/Copley area???

Near Boylston or Newbury streets???

ABSOLUTELY...

I have limited access to the internet in Vermont (I have to trek 4/10ths of a mile to a brewery so I can use the net and have beers.....cry for me).

Why dont you give me the type of places, $$$ you want to spend, and atmosphere you would like.

Boston is "ALL GROWNS UP" these days....and places are opening up like hotcakes.

I most certainly (if I am not away) would like to meet some people for drinks.

I have worked in just about every type of bar in this city, from high end eateries (think Michelin star if it were France) to dive pubs, with nightclubs and lounges in between. In 10 years...I have been to about every bar in this city...SERIOUSLY!

Dane 96 -

Entirely depends on your taste. Upscale loungy/pretentious - hit Sonsi or Stephanie's on Newbury, City Bar in the Lenox or Whisky Park in the Park Plaza. 20s and 30s hopping nightlife - go to Vox Pouli on Boylston - Dillon's isn't bad in this category. If you are a clubby person, go to Saint or Rumor. If you are 18-23 and just want to get piss drunk with a bunch of like minded people, the trio on Boylston of Lir, the Pour House and the Foggy Goggle is your scene, or Daisy Buchanan's on Newbury. For a decent Irish pub in that area, hit Solas in the Lenox.

If you don't mind expensive drinks and loud music, like good looking women in their mid to late 20s, and don't want to dance, go to Vox.

And by the way, I live a block from Bolyston, let me know when you are going to be there.

Dane 96 -

Entirely depends on your taste. Upscale loungy/pretentious - hit Sonsi or Stephanie's on Newbury, City Bar in the Lenox or Whisky Park in the Park Plaza. 20s and 30s hopping nightlife - go to Vox Pouli on Boylston - Dillon's isn't bad in this category. If you are a clubby person, go to Saint or Rumor. If you are 18-23 and just want to get piss drunk with a bunch of like minded people, the trio on Boylston of Lir, the Pour House and the Foggy Goggle is your scene, or Daisy Buchanan's on Newbury. For a decent Irish pub in that area, hit Solas in the Lenox.

If you don't mind expensive drinks and loud music, like good looking women in their mid to late 20s, and don't want to dance, go to Vox.

And by the way, I live a block from Bolyston, let me know when you are going to be there.

For the most part, Whiskey Park is done. All my buddies work there. Dillons...the same. Vox, has made a fantastic turn around...and shockingly enough...is going to be sold. IRONY...the place was great, dead, great...and they did the sale when it was dead. Hillarious.

AlbanyObserver...just PM me.

TW gave some fine ideas. There are many others though....from The South End, to Copley, to the North End.

Dane 96 -

For the most part, Whiskey Park is done. All my buddies work there. Dillons...the same. Vox, has made a fantastic turn around...and shockingly enough...is going to be sold. IRONY...the place was great, dead, great...and they did the sale when it was dead. Hillarious.

AlbanyObserver...just PM me.

TW gave some fine ideas. There are many others though....from The South End, to Copley, to the North End.

I agree, Whiskey Park blows, and you might be better in the South or North Ends (especially for food). I though the survey was limited to the Back Bay though.

South End is about two seconds from Back Bay by foot...or car. Well, by foot it is a 5 minute walk...they actually meet geographically nearly in the middle of each.

Can you get from the Copley Back Bay Hilton to Icarus in 5 minutes walking? You walk fast.

LOL...actually, I do it in about 10 minutes....with shortcuts...every girl I have ever dated bitches about my fast paced gait. I have VERY LONG legs compared to my height (no joke...a JAG medical officer said I had legs for a guy who is 6'4-6-5'....I am 6 foot).

Hey...could you PM me your email...got a question and want to take it off line.

South End is about two seconds from Back Bay by foot...or car. Well, by foot it is a 5 minute walk...they actually meet geographically nearly in the middle of each.

Can you get from the Copley Back Bay Hilton to Icarus in 5 minutes walking? You walk fast.

LOL...actually, I do it in about 10 minutes....with shortcuts...every girl I have ever dated bitches about my fast paced gait. I have VERY LONG legs compared to my height (no joke...a JAG medical officer said I had legs for a guy who is 6'4-6-5'....I am 6 foot).

Hey...could you PM me your email...got a question and want to take it off line.

email sent.

Dane 96 -

As a Boston native living pretty close to Agganis, I can recommend some great bars near the games. T's Pub is a BU hangout a block away from the arena... nice place, is always the main hangout before and after BU hockey games so it'll probably be the same for the tourney. If you walk a few more blocks down Brighton Ave. you get to big cluster of bars. Whitehorse Tavern is a huge sports bar with a bunch of big HDTVs and a couple pool tables. Sunset has 120 beers on tap and hundreds more in the fridge. Big City is huge pool hall upstairs from Sunset. Probably a dozen other good bars in a two block area. My fave is Our House, a basement dive bar with big couches where you can get drunk and play Battleship and Jenga. Looking forward to the tourney and hoping to see lots of support for the Danes!

My fave is Our House, a basement dive bar with big couches where you can get drunk and play Battleship and Jenga.

During my first tenure in Boston, Our House was my favorite bar mostly as a result of the couches, and its convenience to campus.

On my second tour, I only took the opportunity to go there a couple of times (my absence was mostly the result of geography), but each time it was enjoyable. While it was fun to revisit old haunting grounds, the client base at Our House might be too young.

Archived