UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mike and The Mad Dog mention

Was just listening to Mike and the Mad Dog on the way home from work. Mad Dog asked Mike his interest in some of the championship games coming up this week. When he got to Albany/ Vermont, Mike said he had no interest in the game but Mad Dog should because he played the coach in tennis last summer while they were at UA for Giants training camp. It took Mad Dog a few seconds to remember Will's last name. They said Vermont will win and that Albany has never won at Vermont. No love for us at all. Mad Dog said the new coach from Vermont has done a great job (did not know his name) and that he knew Brennan from guesting on his radio show in Burlington a few years back.

Lets hope for a guest spot for Coach Brown after we beat Vermont like they did last year prior to the UConn game. Then maybe they will remember us.

Was just listening to Mike and the Mad Dog on the way home from work. Mad Dog asked Mike his interest in some of the championship games coming up this week. When he got to Albany/ Vermont, Mike said he had no interest in the game but Mad Dog should because he played the coach in tennis last summer while they were at UA for Giants training camp. It took Mad Dog a few seconds to remember Will's last name. They said Vermont will win and that Albany has never won at Vermont. No love for us at all. Mad Dog said the new coach from Vermont has done a great job (did not know his name) and that he knew Brennan from guesting on his radio show in Burlington a few years back.

Lets hope for a guest spot for Coach Brown after we beat Vermont like they did last year prior to the UConn game. Then maybe they will remember us.

Francesca & Russo are 2 of the biggest idiots on sports radio. Read Mushnik's column in the NY Post sometime. Francesca constantly tries to be an expert on everthing when he doesn't know xxxx. It's hilarious to listen to. I think if the Danes keep Trimboli and that big stiff with 2 left feet, #54, in check they win the game - no doubt. Maybe Russo will remember Brown's name when he's in the ACC or BigTen. Then Coach Brown won't remember his name (what was it again....) when he comes acallin' for an interview. Xxxx Mary & the MadLady. :angry2:

Francessa is better than Russo. Russo is awful, Francessa is solid.

I remember for the UCONN game last year they had a TON about us. I was going to the mall like the day before the game and I remember them talking about how will brown was quoted in the NY post or NY times, saying "i brought two suits...since we'll be playing more than one game."

Those two clowns can remember the most obscure sports statistics from decades ago, but they can't remember Coach Brown's name? Nice job guys, way to piss off upstate NY.

Francesca & Russo are 2 of the biggest idiots on sports radio. Read Mushnik's column in the NY Post sometime. Francesca constantly tries to be an expert on everthing when he doesn't know xxxx. It's hilarious to listen to. I think if the Danes keep Trimboli and that big stiff with 2 left feet, #54, in check they win the game - no doubt. Maybe Russo will remember Brown's name when he's in the ACC or BigTen. Then Coach Brown won't remember his name (what was it again....) when he comes acallin' for an interview. Xxxx Mary & the MadLady. :angry2:

Amen! I can't stand these guys. Thankfully I have an ESPN affiliate here to listen to and Dan Patrick and/or Michael K take me home.

Coach is too good for their show! He should not lower his standards by being on it!

These Cats Suck!

Lets Go Danes!

Coach is too good for their show! He should not lower his standards by being on it! - JonUA97

UA97 - I truly respect your opinion but UA is a developing DI Program and should attempt to get on as many national/regional media shows as possible, for the "Good" of the University.

I would also believe that being a very young DI coach Brown wants his name to become recognizable and therefore he will probably go on any national/regional media show that requests him.

As much as I hate to say it - I would assume Coach is still building a resume hoping someday to be in a position to land a lucrative High Mid Major or BCS type job. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of higher Mid Major type schools inquire about his availability after this season.

Lets hope that he's around and continues to improve the program at Albany to a point where the schools name becomes nationally recognizable and a consistent Top 100 type program.

On the flip side of the coin I hope Brown pulls a Doc Sauers and stays here for his entire career.

Coach is too good for their show! He should not lower his standards by being on it! - JonUA97

UA97 - I truly respect your opinion but UA is a developing DI Program and should attempt to get on as many national/regional media shows as possible, for the "Good" of the University.

I would also believe that being a very young DI coach Brown wants his name to become recognizable and therefore he will probably go on any national/regional media show that requests him.

As much as I hate to say it - I would assume Coach is still building a resume hoping someday to be in a position to land a lucrative High Mid Major or BCS type job. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of higher Mid Major type schools inquire about his availability after this season.

Lets hope that he's around and continues to improve the program at Albany to a point where the schools name becomes nationally recognizable and a consistent Top 100 type program.

On the flip side of the coin I hope Brown pulls a Doc Sauers and stays here for his entire career.

G-d Patch, too early to talk about this...we have a huge game in front of us. ;) I just had this conversation with someone with close ties to the business, spurred by the large amount of openings. Unless Colorado or Utah come calling, I do not see Brown taking a job at the current spots. All are tough places...and in this business a few tough seasons and you could be selling class rings (see Hicks). Even with a higher salary, and in some cases a bigger conference, Brown has alot going for him here: family, a pretty good salary in a market that isnt high priced to live in, faculty that respects him for the student athletes he has brought in, and players, coaches, and fans who love what he has done...and who he is. He will be welcome at Albany as long as he chooses to stay.

It is not often you get that. Plus, it is proven that you can jump from our level to the big time. Granted the Ivy's pay a bit more, but look at Fran Dunphy's jump.

That being said, there MAY....MAY be an opening at a school that if they came calling with a much better financial package, Brown would have to give SERIOUS thought to taking it. It is an East Coast school...and a step up in conference. The opening may not occur...but MAY occur. "IT'S ECONOMICS, STUPID." (Stealing and re-writing that famous quote).

I hope it does not.

Enough of this talk.

Dane96 - I'm in total agreement with your post.

I was just trying to explain why an up and coming Athletic Dep't.(school) and/or Coach can't shun Media outlets.

The job at hand is getting a ticket to the Dance.

I was on Mad Dog's Sat show the day after the UConn game right after Coach's spot last year and back the he was really on the UAlbany bandwagon. If we win this afternoon, he'll be back on in an instant.

BTW - Jody MacDonald is also a UAlbany alum (as well as a former WCDB sportscaster) - I interned for him almost 20 yrs ago at WFAN and I spoke to him on the air that weekend too (he figured it was me since I wanted to talk Albany basketball on a Sunday AM in NYC) - his first question to me was "how are you doing" to which I responded "good, but not as well as I was doing 36 hours earlier at the 12 minute TO of the second half", to which he started laughing uncontrollably.

I was on Mad Dog's Sat show the day after the UConn game right after Coach's spot last year and back the he was really on the UAlbany bandwagon. If we win this afternoon, he'll be back on in an instant.

BTW - Jody MacDonald is also a UAlbany alum (as well as a former WCDB sportscaster) - I interned for him almost 20 yrs ago at WFAN and I spoke to him on the air that weekend too (he figured it was me since I wanted to talk Albany basketball on a Sunday AM in NYC) - his first question to me was "how are you doing" to which I responded "good, but not as well as I was doing 36 hours earlier at the 12 minute TO of the second half", to which he started laughing uncontrollably.

For those of you who are in the New York City/LI area, Francesa has a show on WNBC Sunday night at 11:30 called Mike'ed UP. I could not believe last night after he had no interest on our game against UVM, he had Will Brown on the show and was kissing his ass. Way to join the bandwagon Mike. Brown was the only guest he had and Mike talked alot about the Uconn game last year. I have to say one thing and my wife agreed, Will has to smile more. He had a sour puss on the face during the interview. Maybe he was ticked off at Francesa. I am sure they will have him on the radio today with the Dog.

Archived