UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Line for Student Tickets already forming

I was just outside the Campus Center and I noticed that the line for student tickets for the UA/Virginia game has already started to form and is about 20 people strong and news crews have already stopped by (I saw Fox 23 interviewing someone). They're well-stocked with provisions and are psyched to go.

It may not be the chaos that the wait for tickets for the UVM/UA championship game was last year, but to see people having waited as early as 10:00 this morning for the chance to go cheer us on makes me very proud to be a Great Dane. You sure don't get this experience in Geneseo or Plattsburgh!

Wow its amazing my roommates freshman year (6 years ago) always thought I was crazy to think UA sports would ever do somthing like this. Definitly have to take in these moments.

My first year was during the dark 5-23 season of '03-'04 (darker than the dark days the TU wrote about today) and sports at the time was such an afterthought that they were literally giving away season student tickets in the Campus Center and outside the BPG few people cared. Back then, I'd have been crazy to have seen us a contender let alone with back-to-back NCAA bids.

The last two days, campus tours have been in full swing. The hoopla from all of this will be sure to help an already surging enrollment on top of that students are actually staying and coming for reasons that don't include partying and not much else. Hearing tour guides extol our success on the court and show off things such as the line make me feel very proud.

The Business Review had an article that talked about how Acting President Herbst has seen sports make a difference at more big time schools and how she's been a fan of college basketball dating to her time as a undergrad at Duke. I hope she keeps up the good work Hall started in his memory, for the good of the school.

Took a study break at St. Rose and went up to campus to look at it. Talking to one person on the line they said there were 90 tickets avaliable. Hope he gets one, looks like we have a lot of hard core people on that line some have been camping over night. UA U KNOW

Just got back from campus, the line has grown to about 50-55 people.

I was out about the same time and they were doing Great Dane trivia with one lucky person getting a free ticket in exchange for knowing that Gary Holway had his school scoring record broken by Jamar Wilson (and for a free bottle of Sprite). Makes me wonder if a few tickets are aside in addition to the 100 in a case like this given that if they gave away a few there'd still be seats on the buses (the average 45' coach bus with a restroom can seat up to 57 people).

Seeing all of this is surreal, in a very good way:).

Just got back from campus, the line has grown to about 50-55 people.

I was out about the same time and they were doing Great Dane trivia with one lucky person getting a free ticket in exchange for knowing that Gary Holway had his school scoring record broken by Jamar Wilson (and for a free bottle of Sprite). Makes me wonder if a few tickets are aside in addition to the 100 in a case like this given that if they gave away a few there'd still be seats on the buses (the average 45' coach bus with a restroom can seat up to 57 people).

Seeing all of this is surreal, in a very good way:).

I know I got no chance to get tickets from the campus center right now so I'm trying to bid on a couple on Ebay. Please don't outbid me.

Archived