UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Hoops League?

I'll inquire this week regarding whether, and to what extent, alumni and friends can and may secure some gym time on campus and/or enter the student league as an alumni & friends team. We may not be able to enter any league, however, until the Fall, as I expect most leagues have started already. Once armed with that information, we'll plan a time, etc. for gameplay. And setting aside the leagues for a moment, some simple gym/court time for our own pick-up games would be fine by me (not sure if I'm ready to run up and down a court quite yet!).

I'll inquire this week regarding whether, and to what extent, alumni and friends can and may secure some gym time on campus and/or enter the student league as an alumni & friends team. We may not be able to enter any league, however, until the Fall, as I expect most leagues have started already. Once armed with that information, we'll plan a time, etc. for gameplay. And setting aside the leagues for a moment, some simple gym/court time for our own pick-up games would be fine by me (not sure if I'm ready to run up and down a court quite yet!).

Cool. Some pick up games would work for me as well. concerning a league etc., perhaps we could get in contact with Lee over at the alumni association and work something out with him. Only met him a handful of times but he is a nice guy and would probably be willing to lend us a hand in dealing with possible formation of a league, team, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Was anyone able to inquire with the University or Alumnic Assoc. about gym availability? With the weather the way it's been, we may not play outdoors for another month. Plus I wouldn't mind playing in a gym all the time if it was available.

S$

This is a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Instead of a rec basketball league, I was wondering if anyone on the board is connected to/knows of a summer softball league that might be looking for players. I will be here for the entire summer and am looking forward to getting out to play...well, once Mother Nature decides winter is finally over.

Thanks!

This is a bit off-topic, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Instead of a rec basketball league, I was wondering if anyone on the board is connected to/knows of a summer softball league that might be looking for players. I will be here for the entire summer and am looking forward to getting out to play...well, once Mother Nature decides winter is finally over.

Thanks!

They are hard to come by, unless one's place of employment fields a team for a work-related league. I know that there is a coed softball league for the various state agencies in this area, but beyond that I have no idea. I've been looking myself. I'd love to join a team, though, if someone knows of one. I suppose one idea would be to create an alumni association team(s) and play alumni of the other schools in the area. There are enough colleges in this area to make that happen, though it would probably have to be planned for summer of 2008 (unless someone is really good at finding and scheduling fields to play on/at). The key aspects, from what I can tell, to running a softball league revolve around collecting money from each team member to pay for umpires for the games and any fees (if any) associated with field use.

Thanks!

The timesunion online has a bunch of softball leagues in its "Calander" section. Thats how i (finally!) found a baseball league for the summer. I know knickerbocker park in Troy also hosts tons of adult softball over the summer.

Was anyone able to inquire with the University or Alumnic Assoc. about gym availability? With the weather the way it's been, we may not play outdoors for another month. Plus I wouldn't mind playing in a gym all the time if it was available.

S$

I inquired through the league on campus as a starting point, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Still haven't heard back from anyone on campus. How about we start with pick-up games at the outdoor courts now that the weather is nicer? I think a Saturday afternoon might work best for everyone (or most people). Thoughts?

Might as well start, though I would keep pursuing gym availability for those inevitable rainy or, if we keep playing, cold days. I'm good with evenings and weekends in general, though I prefer weekend mornings. I won't be able to do this Saturday afternoon due to home repair commitments (ugh).

S$

Archived