UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracketology Already?!?!

Just writing "out loud" here and from the "hip," but I get the impression that media persons sipmly pick Vermont as a default choice for the America East representative in the NCAAs unless and until someone else emerges and takes it from them (didn't we do that the past two seasons?). Why is that? Because they beat Syracuse a few years back? They lose Holm and the other big guy this offseason. We lose arguably equally as important aspects of our team; those players being J.W. and J.S.

Nonetheless, I would think that Boston University would, or should, emerge as a solid pick. I wonder if Joe L. gave a closer look to Binghamton (based on the facts that Gordon is back and Bingo still has that post player who played well against us at the BPG in the second half) and especially Boston University, which are the two teams that I'd pick from (with my nod probably going to Boston U) if I wasn't allowed to vote for UAlbany.

I also like Vermont as a team that will compete for the title again this year, but I think Ross helped demonstrate one tactic for defending Trimboli and UVM's half-court set. Perhaps other teams will follow suit. Not having a profound rebounding edge every game will undoubtedly have an impact of some sort. Being able to destroy teams on the glass makes up for a lot of other deficiencies that may be exposed this year. Or not ... .

It would be hard to blame them for making Vermont the default pick, they've been in the conference championship game for the last five years. That's pretty impressive and they likely have the player of the year in Trimboli. I think they could slip somewhat from last year and still be the #1 team in the conference while BUMA would have to make a huge step forward to do that, which they very well might.

I'd put UMBC in that mix as well. They seemed to throw everything in to having next year be a big year for them and should be a really talented team.

DP, good points, especially about UVM being in the Title game each of the past five years. If one had to pick, that is as sensible of a pick as any.

There have been posts on here about how there is more parity than ever before in the A.E. I am guessing that we won't see an America East team go 15-1 next year in the Conference, but I could be wrong. Perhaps 12-4 will get it done this year? I know I would be thrilled as a UA fan to go 11-5 or 12-4 next season! I also have a feeling that we will get better and better as the season goes on (that's what we saw this year). Hopefully some of our tougher games will be in the backend of our schedule ... .

I agree....Vermont will be the preseason pick and will have the bullseye firmly planted on their collective backs. They are a strong team with Tripani and my preseason pick for POY in Trimboli. The key for them will be how effective their two incoming big men will be, as we all know it's harder to develop bigs then guards.

I really don't know what to expect out of our team, I think we stay in the top 4 but I don't know how life in 1AJ will be. Expectations will be less this year then last and that should help the young guns coming in. I see our confrence on the rise this year, could make some noise. After the last round of defections to the CAA we were left with 3 new SUNY teams coming in, now that schools are investing in coaches and league mandated scheduling requirements, TV deal (last year) etc. I think we are on the rise. If you look at the talent coming in, things are looking up. BU had a great class last year, UVM has been recruiting well with Lonergan, we are doing our thing and even Stony Brook. If Piekell could coach a damn they would be a good team, as they have some talent. It just look to me like the schools are getting on the same page and putting some money behind their respective programs. Look at the coaches coming in/being retained.

Where does everyone see our confrence RPI next season?

Archived