UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blog Entry 5.10.2007

Another blog entry from Coach is set forth below in toto:

05.10.07:

It has been a week of banquets. Our basketball banquet was Saturday May 5th at the Crowne Plaza. We had a nice mix of parents, alums, and season ticket holders at the banquet. Scottie McKay from News 13 did a great job with our highlight video. It was a great way to bring closure to a tremendous season.

This past Monday was our athletic department banquet which took place in the SEFCU Arena. A senior ceremony took place one hour before the banquet. This is a chance to recognize the graduating seniors and to show our appreciation for their years of dedication to the athletic department.

Our guys have been preparing for final exams. Hopefully all of them finish strong in the classroom as we approach the summer. They will have a chance to get home for a few weeks before summer school starts on May 29. The incoming recruits will start summer school on June 25. Each player will be on campus for at least six weeks this summer. Most will be on campus for 8-10 weeks.

The coaching staff has been busy recruiting. We are looking to add one more recruit to our 2007 class and we have been busy working the 2008 class. We already have a commitment from a wing in the 2008 class who will spend a year at a prep school. We will have two other scholarships to give in the 2008 class.

Best of luck to the lacrosse team this weekend in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament![]

This is great - virtually unlimited scholarships.

Someone else leaving or Ambrose not getting a scholarship?

"The coaching staff has been busy recruiting. We are looking to add one more recruit to our 2007 class and we have been busy working the 2008 class. We already have a commitment from a wing in the 2008 class who will spend a year at a prep school."

The way that I read it, Coach isn't stating that the team is necessarily looking to add one more scholarship-receiving recruit to the 2007 class; rather, the blog entry simply states that they are looking to add "one more recruit to our 2007 class." (emphasis supplied). I guess I interpret this to mean that a new recruit may either be a scholarship player or a non-scholarship player.

Considering Gilliam is a wing who is preping for a year I say that is the one Brown is talking about. I think UAMA is right about a walk-on recruit. I remember last year around this time we were told about the coaches looking to add one more recruit and that was walk-on Lance James.

Archived