UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The top AE Recruiting Class

according to Hoopscoop belongs to Binghamton. We're a close second. Who knows how accurate these are but they're fun reading for the offseason.

72. BINGHAMTON (15 Points).......... 5 Recruits..........3.0 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference..........(4) Milos Klimovic, 6'6, WF, Hillsborough (JC) FL; (3) Reggie Fuller, 6'6, PF, Angelina (JC) TX; (3) Moussa Camara, 6'5, WF, Simi Valley (Stoneridge Prep) CA; (3) Chretien Lukusa, 6'2, PG, Toronto (Eastern School of Commerce) ON; (2) Devon McBride, 6'4, 2G, Phoenixville (Area) PA.

89. ALBANY (14 Points)..........6 Recruits..........2.3 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference..........(3) Billy Allen, 6'6, WF, Hamilton (H.S.) OH; (3) Albert Turley, 6'7, C, Houston (Westfield) TX; (2) Anthony Raffa, 6'1, PG, Wildwood (Catholic) NJ; (2) Robert Moores, 6'2, 2G, Pratt (JC) KS; (2) Jerel Hasting, 6'5, WF, Lon Morris (JC) TX; (2) Josh Martin, 6'2, PG, Philadelphia (Simon Gratz) PA.

107. HARTFORD (12 Points)..........5 Recruits..........2.4 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit.......... America East Conference..........(3) Malcolm Campbell, 6'9, C, Los Angeles (Fairfax) CA; (3) Andres Torres, 5'9, PG, Puerto Rico; (2) Anthony Minor, 6'5, WF, Plymouth Meeting (Plymouth Whitemarsh) PA; (2) Kevin Estes, 6'7, PF, Richmond (Benedictine) VA; (2) Morgan Savia, 6'7, PF, San Aneslmo (Sir Francis Drake) CA.

132. VERMONT (10 Points)..........4 Recruits..........2.5 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference..........(3) Garrett Kissell, 6'8, C, Barrington (St. Andrews) RI; (3) Evan Fjeld, 6'8, PF, Durham (Academy) NC; (2) Joey Accaoui, 5'10, PG, Barrington (St. Andrews) RI; (2) Pat Bergmann, 6'9, PF, South Burlington (Rice Memorial) VT.

164. NEW HAMPSHIRE (8 Points)..........4 Recruits..........2.0 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference.......... (2) Saul Abdo, 6'2, PG, Southborough (St. Marks) MA; (2) Tyrone Conley, 6'2, 2G, Burington (H.S.) VT; (2) Dane DiLegro, 6'8, Worcester (Academy) MA; (2) Alvin Abreu, 6'1, 2G, Chicago (Boys to Men) IL.

199. MAINE (6 Points)..........3 Recruits..........2.0 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference.......... (2) Sean McNally, 6'7, C, Gardiner (H.S.) ME; (2) Troy Barnies, 6'7, PF, Auburn (Edward Little) ME; (2) Robbie Hanzlik, 6'3, 2G, New Hampton (Prep) NH.

252. STONY BROOK (3 Points)..........1 Recruit..........3.0 Talent Rating Average Per Recruit..........America East Conference..........(3) Leslie Simmons, 6'7, PF, Cecil (JC) MD.

You cannot go by Hoopscoops ratings, the more recruits you have the higher your point total.

For example.....

UVM 4 recruits 10 points 2.5 avg rating

UA 6 recruits 14 points 2.3 avg rating

By Hoopscoop's Total Points system UA is rated 89 and UVM is rated 132 at 2.5 avg player rating UVM had a better year.

That's why I call it Poopscoop it good as far as they let you know who is going to which school that's it.

They often over rate recruits by new coaches who they previously rated as top assistants.

Going by the avg rating per player UA at 2.3 is about 5th this year.

But like usual wait and watch, the truth comes out when the players start playing DI ball.

Echoing the basic theme of Patch's comments, to categorize all Division I basketball players into one of 5 categories is ridiculous in and of itself. I suspect that there would be a lot of disparity even within the same category. And, on the other hand, there are probably lots of players who could also be rated in a category below or above their existing "ascribed" category. Yes, I understand why they do it, and it's probably safe to assume that a 4 or 5 is better than a 1. But because it appears as though so many players are lumped into the 2 and 3, and maybe to some extent the 4, categories, I therefore question whether there really is any kind of consistent, reliable and measurable or quantifiable difference between, let's say, a 2 and a 3, or a 3 and a 4. Patch is right; we can only wait and see.

I always thought these and most of the recruiting website are geared more for the majors and tend to lump "mid-major" players together. To look back in the past Brian Lillis, Brent Wilson, Jason Siggers and Brian Connelly were all rated "2" and I'd take any of them again.

I know the sites have fun doing it---but---it is hard to read much into these numbers--guaging recruits at our level before they even step onto the court is an inexact science.....see DP's comment re. Lillis, Brent Siggers and Brian C.

Also these sights rankings can't take into account how well the players will fit into the system of a particular team/coach. If memory serves SBU had the top recruiting class last year. For those who don't know Stony Brook was defeated early in this years conf. tour by a Hartford squad (which was ranked low on recruiting classes by most sites) that bought into their coaches system and gave most AE teams a run for there money this season.

What should be interesting to see is how WB plans to fill the vacum left by Jamar and Jason leaving, and who will step up. Clearly he thinks that we have a chance next year or else he would have most likely have taken a job elsewhere.

Also these sights rankings can't take into account how well the players will fit into the system of a particular team/coach. If memory serves SBU had the top recruiting class last year. For those who don't know Stony Brook was defeated early in this years conf. tour by a Hartford squad (which was ranked low on recruiting classes by most sites) that bought into their coaches system and gave most AE teams a run for there money this season.

What should be interesting to see is how WB plans to fill the vacum left by Jamar and Jason leaving, and who will step up. Clearly he thinks that we have a chance next year or else he would have most likely have taken a job elsewhere.

Very good point about fitting into a coach's system and about Hartford. I enjoyed watching Hartford's furious comeback against SBU in the Friday night game of the AE Tournament out in Boston (it was 34-17, SBU, at the half of that game; final, I think, was 49-47, Hartford).

Archived