UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The RACC, er..SEFCU Arena on Wikipedia

madDOG

w00t! My first post!

First let me say hello to everyone- I'm a UA Alum ('97) and I'm real glad I stumbled upon this website. It's great to see our school getting so much national attention these past couple of years. I live in Atlanta now and getting to see a few games on TV down here was truly amazing. I never thought I'd ever see 'Albany' on a NCAA bracket, let alone twice! It's really cool, and I only hope the success continues.

Anyway, someone really needs to change the pic of the SEFCU Arena listed on Wiki! The shot is taken from the back and looks like a very unimpressive cement wall. :) Maybe someone has a recent shot of the interior or front entrance to replace it with. Might as well present it in the best possible manner, right?

SEFCU @ wiki

w00t! My first post!

First let me say hello to everyone- I'm a UA Alum ('97) and I'm real glad I stumbled upon this website. It's great to see our school getting so much national attention these past couple of years. I live in Atlanta now and getting to see a few games on TV down here was truly amazing. I never thought I'd ever see 'Albany' on a NCAA bracket, let alone twice! It's really cool, and I only hope the success continues.

Anyway, someone really needs to change the pic of the SEFCU Arena listed on Wiki! The shot is taken from the back and looks like a very unimpressive cement wall. :) Maybe someone has a recent shot of the interior or front entrance to replace it with. Might as well present it in the best possible manner, right?

SEFCU @ wiki

Welcome aboard. Interesting information on the Wikipedia site. So just out curiously I did a search on the county owned area in Albany and found that UA has just as much mention as the other team in town. And obviously this was updated in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Union_Center

"Current tenants include Siena College's men's basketball team"

"The University at Albany has used the facility for past games against Syracuse University and has been approached to use the facility for some dates in the future in the wake of their participation in the 2006 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament."

As far as getting a better picture of the RAAC/SEFCU, I know there is a great interior shot of our game vs Vermont that got UA their first of 2 straight NCAA basketball appearances. I don't know who has the rights to the picture.

. . . "Current tenants include Siena College's men's basketball team"

"The University at Albany has used the facility for past games against Syracuse University and has been approached to use the facility for some dates in the future in the wake of their participation in the 2006 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament." . . .

(Quote 1) Wow! I thought Siena owned the place. :unsure:

(Quote 2) Very interesting comment. I wonder who made the first move(s) referred to in this part of the citation.

Anyway, it's good to see some nice positive info out there on us.

Archived