UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

From the Times-Union report on this story:

1. McElroy approached Marr about this extension before the playoffs last spring, and the deal was done in June. Maybe they were just waiting for the players to come back?

2. Queener's appeal for another year was upheld, and he will be back in the cage next spring.

I echo everything that everyone has stated here so far in this thread.

It's wonderful to see UA have such a high ranking on the highest level of college athletic competition in the country. McElroy has led this university to great heights, especially in consideration of where we were less than a decade ago. The rise of our school in athletics is just astounding. It's also great to see the university and community respond positively to our successes in terms of fan and alumni support. McElroy is building our athletic programs in the best possible manner. I like the quotation that Coach Marr made about the AD: "The direction the program is heading under Lee's guidance, there's no reason for me to leave," Marr said. "He's given me everything I need to be successful."

I know some contributors here on this forum would like to see UA add such-and-such a building and add such-and-such a sport right away, but I have faith in our AD to make the right decisions and improving all our athletic programs as fast as possible. It's exciting to check out our progress regularly. It seems that every week we break new ground in at least one of our programs that carries our whole sports program yet another step forward.

Congratulations to Coach Marr!

I echo everything that everyone has stated here so far in this thread.

It's wonderful to see UA have such a high ranking on the highest level of college athletic competition in the country. McElroy has led this university to great heights, especially in consideration of where we were less than a decade ago. The rise of our school in athletics is just astounding. It's also great to see the university and community respond positively to our successes in terms of fan and alumni support. McElroy is building our athletic programs in the best possible manner. I like the quotation that Coach Marr made about the AD: "The direction the program is heading under Lee's guidance, there's no reason for me to leave," Marr said. "He's given me everything I need to be successful."

I know some contributors here on this forum would like to see UA add such-and-such a building and add such-and-such a sport right away, but I have faith in our AD to make the right decisions and improving all our athletic programs as fast as possible. It's exciting to check out our progress regularly. It seems that every week we break new ground in at least one of our programs that carries our whole sports program yet another step forward.

Congratulations to Coach Marr!

(first emphasis in bold supplied)

In Dr. M, I trust! :D

Archived