UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Group Outings for Men's Basketball

Howdy All:

If you were not aware, I am currently working for the DEC (Department of Environmental Conservation) in Downtown Albany. One of my co-workers was recently contacted by the University regarding organizing a group outing for the DEC (EnCon).

We have chosen the home opener as a good night to have our first outing of the season (mostly because of the student presence at this event). The ticketing office is working with us to create a package, and we hope to support the program with our presence.

I write now to suggest other posters try something similar at their workplaces. The ticket office is very accomadating, and has numerous packages to choose from. With a couple of these nights a week we can generate increased attendance and revenue for the University, and expand our visibility.

The first "EnCon Night" should be November 17th against Columbia (barring a last minute change). I encourage all of you to consider piggy-backing with us, or choosing a day of your own. We can draw a lot of new people to the program.

If you want the contact information, PM me, or just force me to put it later in the post. What do you say?

-Haggyland

Update: The ticket office is dragging its feet getting back to us, so the 17th might not be possible.

I am still hoping that we will be able to do two nights this year, but what about the rest of you? Certainly some of you have to have local jobs...

We will be forcing their hand on a decision on Monday...

Didn't I read somewhere the Columbia, Nov. 17th game was sold out. That may be the problem for you slow response.

When I spoke with the ticket office on Thursday I was informed that "ticket sales were going well, but there were still plenty of tickets."

I has thought going to the opener might be troublesome, and we are willing to work out an alternative, but at this point we just need more open communication.

I do know that one of the obstacles we face is that as a state agency we cannot collect any money for the event, so there needs to be some sort of voucher system (which could make attending the opener unrealistic).

i am thinking about just paying the $10 for a ticket even though I am a student. I don't want to deal with waiting. I was planning on going to the women's home opener anyway (just note - i will be showing up with my purple and gold tie, cause i will be coming from teaching and then a late class, so no time to change), but i was hoping they would do the student ticket thing there. If they don't, I don't mind paying for my ticket.

Didn't I read somewhere the Columbia, Nov. 17th game was sold out. That may be the problem for you slow response.

When I spoke with the ticket office on Thursday I was informed that "ticket sales were going well, but there were still plenty of tickets."

I has thought going to the opener might be troublesome, and we are willing to work out an alternative, but at this point we just need more open communication.

I do know that one of the obstacles we face is that as a state agency we cannot collect any money for the event, so there needs to be some sort of voucher system (which could make attending the opener unrealistic).

Doesn't DEC have an agency goodwill fund to sponsor this event and buy the tickets and then resell to its members? I sent the email I received on to my agency's goodwill fund and those folks are looking into it as a fund event.. I also forwarded the email to a church group and a local youth karate group and both those groups are gonna buy tix....UA needs to outreach more and connect with the community to sell the program a little more aggressively.....once folks come to SEFCU, Danes hoops sells itself...DI basketball...best college sports atmosphere in this area, economical tickets, inexpensive food and free parking...what's not to like!!!

I forgot to update this thread again.

Today the ticket office stopped by the DEC with 300 'reminder tickets' that advertise the night as "NYS DEC Night" on the top.

For $8 a patron gets the ticket, a hot dog, and a soda.

$3 for kids...

While it might have been possible to use a goodwill fund, that option was not explored at the time.

I forgot to update this thread again.

Today the ticket office stopped by the DEC with 300 'reminder tickets' that advertise the night as "NYS DEC Night" on the top.

For $8 a patron gets the ticket, a hot dog, and a soda.

$3 for kids...

While it might have been possible to use a goodwill fund, that option was not explored at the time.

That's a really good deal! You can't get a hot dog and soda at most events for $8! (Imagine the price at, for example, Yankee Stadium)

Perhaps down the road, a NYS employee night (all state agencies) could be explored; with all the state workers downtown and throughout the city, we'd probably get a nice turnout.

Perhaps down the road, a NYS employee night (all state agencies) could be explored; with all the state workers downtown and throughout the city, we'd probably get a nice turnout.

Assuming a good amount of DEC people do attend this event, we will be trying it again for the conference schedule. Anybody and everybody is welcome to coordinate with us, but I do not know how we could coordinate an all-State agencies event.

Also, I still need to look into the goodwill fund thing...

Doesn't DEC have an agency goodwill fund to sponsor this event and buy the tickets and then resell to its members?

I just spoke with my Employee Relation's Officer about the concept of the goodwill fund and he informed me that using it could create a delicate situation as other constituencies would want similar treatment.

The UAlbany ticket office printed up 300 "coupons" for us, encouraging the employees to telephone for their tickets, and it seems to be a very acceptable compromise.

Archived