UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Challenge for Mark Singelais

NYR

Can Singelais write his game day story without mentioning Jamar’s name?

Can he write his Bucknell game story without mentioning Jamar’s name?

I say he can but would guess that he won’t.

Mark, prove me wrong! I want to know about this year’s team and their opponents… not last year’s.

Hahahaha. Comical.......that would involve fact gathering and actual research......

Hahahaha.........

You knew it was coming. Agree with me or not.....the TU provides horrible coverage of our athletic department......

But in case you didn't know....Fran McCaffery ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and is scheduled to have pork chops for dinner......I read that in the TU.

His blog entry doesn't change my opinion.

He's doing all right, even if we would always be craving more.

He's doing all right for basketball.

Not enough. Its not all his fault and I don't mean to lay the blame on him personally. The fact that the TU has one writer assigned to a successful Division I athletic department (nationally ranked teams, multiple conference championships and NCAA appearances, etc...) in an activity-deprived city is the problem.

Sorry Mark if I take it out on you too much.

UA should just do what it has always been doing:

Make it impossible to be ignored.

After a couple of more years of this success, the community will demand comprehensive coverage, and the reporters can come back crawling to the athletic departments.

Well, either that, or slow progress. Anybody up for a sit-in? (Did you see the guys in Berkeley living in the trees to protest the new athletics facility? We could do it at the T-U...)

I agree with Haggy -- if we keep doing well and winning contests, people will take more and more notice, and the demand for coverage beyond our Dane Nation sphere will grow. I think so much of it is still perception. We, on this forum, recognize how well the program is doing, but I think so many people within the community at large perceive us to still be "State College," etc. That will (and is) change with time ... .

I don't really have a thought on M.S. other than the fact that I enjoy reading his articles and that I'm always appreciative for the information that he provides.

I agree with Haggy -- if we keep doing well and winning contests, people will take more and more notice, and the demand for coverage beyond our Dane Nation sphere will grow. I think so much of it is still perception. We, on this forum, recognize how well the program is doing, but I think so many people within the community at large perceive us to still be "State College," etc. That will (and is) change with time ... .

See that's where our opinions differ.

I think your thoughts are that athletic success will bring more overt interest and more overt interest will demand more coverage.

I, on the other hand, think that athletic success demands more coverage which in turn will spur more overt interst.

I guess its a chicken or the egg argument. But hey, what are you going to do, right?

See that's where our opinions differ.

I think your thoughts are that athletic success will bring more overt interest and more overt interest will demand more coverage.

I, on the other hand, think that athletic success demands more coverage which in turn will spur more overt interst.

I guess its a chicken or the egg argument. But hey, what are you going to do, right?

I think your point is true as well, and I think it's very reasonable to conclude, as you did, that more coverage can guide (and increase) interest. That's what the media so often does!

Archived