UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

what a 4th quarter...just wow!

congrats to David McCarty, who becomes the 1st player since Nick Bazan in 2004 to rush for 1,000+ yards on the season, the first RB since Gary Jones in 2003. Truely think he is going to break Jones career rushing record. Showdown Saturday next week at high noon for the NEC title!

what a 4th quarter...just wow!

congrats to David McCarty, who becomes the 1st player since Nick Bazan in 2004 to rush for 1,000+ yards on the season, the first RB since Gary Jones in 2003. Truely think he is going to break Jones career rushing record. Showdown Saturday next week at high noon for the NEC title!

There are 2 minutes left in the game. Not postgame.

danes have the football with 2 minutes...lol...wow you aren't liking me today... :(

Not the first time you "post-gamed"- Remember the massive comeback?

Post game is when the gun sounds...ALL athletes and fans should understand this. We scored on two huge plays...no reason that it couldn't happen for Monmouth.

hahaha.......easy boys!

Postgame threads probably shouldn't be posted until after the game has actually ended. But I like the football enthusiasm so far. :D

There was a ton of upsets today in the FCS football world. Its a huge longshot, but we actually have a slight chance for an at-large.

I want to reiterate that its a HUGE longshot and we have to win next week no matter what. If we win next week, we go to the postseason. It'll either be the Gridiron Classic against Dayton (who clinched the PFL champ today), or an at-large.

i was reading what D96 wrote, or maybe it was danefan, about if not for the Colgate loss UA would be sitting for an at-large. Doesn't the agreement stipulate that if you take the Gridiron Classic, you are not allowed to play in the playoff and reversal, like Grambling and Jackson do because of the big game they play each year?

let me just say that I think very highly of D96. He is pretty cool guy. There was enthusiasm with my post because of the situation with McCarty. When I started school at UA, Gary Jones was "the man" for the Great Danes. Now that I believe his career numbers will be topped, I am pretty excited.

Lets make guys like McCarty the topic of this thread instead of when the thread was started!

Agreed?

As compiled on AGS.com, the current playoff situation:

Have Clinched Auto Bids

Montana (9-0)*

Northern Iowa (9-0)*

Delaware State (9-1)

Eastern Kentucky (8-2)

Fordham (8-2)

McNeese State (9-0)*

Are At-Large Eligible

Massachusetts (8-2)

Delaware (8-2)

Hofstra (7-3)

Richmond (8-2)

Southern Illinois (9-1)

Albany (7-3)

Eastern Illinois (7-3)

Colgate (7-3)

San Diego (9-1)

Dayton (9-1)

Wofford (8-3)

Need One Win To Be At-Large Eligible

James Madison (6-3)*

New Hampshire (6-4)

Villanova (6-4)

Norfolk State (7-3)

South Carolina State (6-4)

Hampton (6-4)

Jacksonville State (6-4)

Holy Cross (6-4)

Lafayette (6-4)

Georgia Southern (7-2)*

Appalachian State (7-2)*

Alabama A&M (7-2)*

Need Two Wins To Be At-Large Eligible

Eastern Washington (6-3)*

Gardner-Webb (5-4)*

Cal-Poly (5-4)*

*games aren't done

i was reading what D96 wrote, or maybe it was danefan, about if not for the Colgate loss UA would be sitting for an at-large. Doesn't the agreement stipulate that if you take the Gridiron Classic, you are not allowed to play in the playoff and reversal, like Grambling and Jackson do because of the big game they play each year?

NO! thank goodness, The GIC has an option out for an at-large bid. The second place team would represent the NEC in teh GIC.

It'll either be the Gridiron Classic against Dayton (who clinched the PFL champ today), or an at-large.

Is it theoretically possible to go to both, or would the schedules conflict?

Hypothetically, a Gridiron Classic team is chosen as an at-large...what would happen to that game?

Also, on a side note, I had the pleasure of listening to the game on the radio, but could somebody please get Wyland to stop saying 'twins' and 'trips' with regards to the receiver sets? If I made that a drinking game I would have passed out in the second quarter.

that was what i was thinking dfan...i figured, based on the idea we all believe UA is going to win next week, that if UA gets an at-large, which we agree is a possibility but a long $iena, they would take the at-large and CCSU would go to the GIC...

It'll either be the Gridiron Classic against Dayton (who clinched the PFL champ today), or an at-large.

Is it theoretically possible to go to both, or would the schedules conflict?

Hypothetically, a Gridiron Classic team is chosen as an at-large...what would happen to that game?

Also, on a side note, I had the pleasure of listening to the game on the radio, but could somebody please get Wyland to stop saying 'twins' and 'trips' with regards to the receiver sets? If I made that a drinking game I would have passed out in the second quarter.

Not possible to go to both.

You'd take the at-large, go on the road (relatively close though......Umass, Delaware, etc....there is regionalization in the FCS playoffs) and pray for a major major major upset.

Let me reiiterate that it is a LONGSHOT for us to get an at-large. The Colgate loss hurts us big time and Hofstra lost to Northeastern today, so our Strength of Schedule (which the NEC brings down) is dropping as we speak.

Archived