UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Did I read that right?

I think the pep band numbers were down a little, maybe under 20. They also had a different conductor.

BTW at the end I thought I heard the PA announcer say the band was going to play 'Purple and Gold', the school alma mater - which it isn't, it's the fight song.

The CCSU marching band played their alma mater after the football game. I don't know if there's a good time to play 'College of the Empire State' at a basketball game - or how many students know the words.

As far as the game goes, I think this is an exciting team to watch! So many of these freshman could develop into something special, but Ambrose is the one that really stuck out for me. I know we're not supposed to say "he's the next Jamar," but I couldn't stop myself from thinking that!

There was one shake and bake move by Ambrose sometime in the 2nd half that was awesome..

He start going to the baseline, and shaked and baked his man, and pulled it back towards the paint, leaving his defender looking like a chump...

That reminded me of the quality of skills that Jamar has...

let's not forget he broke Jamar's scoring record at their high school.

Seeing him in person, confirmed my belief he is going to be something special, in time.

It was great to finally get the home schedule under way. The defense was great, especially Hastings. The guy plays lockdown D. I like Scrap at the point. Don't know how much offense he'll produce but his passing is crisp and he seems to have a good feel for running the game. Turley is a bruiser on the inside and I thought he got mugged three or four times underneath that were not called, and had a sick block that was. Ambrose, wow! The kid has got some talent, no doubt. Can't wait till he is on board with Coach B's plan. Love the way Giff is playing. Connelly looked great hitting the jumpers. Wilson found his range and Lillis was Lillis. Hitting his shots with great body control and playing lights out on D. Love Iati and the way he plays, good job getting to the line. Covington played some solid d down low and made a couple real nice passes. It is great to know we have such a deep team, lots of combos for coach to work with. I think by conference play we'll be humming along nicely.

Regarding our depth, I was amazed at how fast and furious the substitutions were. Was coach simply trying to average out minutes and replace tired players, or do we think he was constantly assessing matchups and putting people in the game accoridngly? I don't remember ever seeing substitutions like that -- what a luxury for us!

Archived