UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Did I read that right?

Is this the same Columbia that only lost to Ohio State by 14?

Wow!

Great day for the Danes!

Guys-- This team...is the team that some of us have been hyping.

I sat on my couch with my tea...my multiple sweaters...my head spinning from the FCS possibilities and my FLU...and I was amazed by what I saw. It was total domination.

Ambrose- No one will ever be like him, but if ANYONE has the potential to be Jamar it is this kid. Once he gets under control...he will be First Team All-League

Martin- Man...this kid is a TRUE PG...but has that stroke when you need it! I like him a lot.

Connelly/Wilson- Studs today...active and just the guys we expect them to be.

Lillis- Had a good game...but an "off" night by Lillis standards. Scary thought that we still won it going away...but that is the point...he doesnt need to SHINE every night.

Iati- this kid had back surgery? Doesn't really show it. Playing well in his final season.

The Centers- Slowly getting where Will wants them (double double). Active...changed shots...and once Turley figure out how to go up strong and finish...we will be ok in the middle. Covington showed me more speed with his footwork from last year...and GIFFORD is definitely a better player that has some more work to do!

Hastings- finally got a taste of what we heard about him. Kid was active...drove...and plays mean defense.

Anderson- slowly getting time...did the little things.

Moores- Not enough to gauge him yet.

What I loved was the fact that Will felt comfortable going to all these guys...at all times. How many teams can legitimately sub 3 and 4 guys at a clip without missing much of a beat.

We were athletic, attacked, aggressive, and looked for the extra pass to get the easy shot.

There is PLENTY to work on...and this is going to be tedious...but this team can be something special by year's end.

BTW-- Huge night for the AE 4-1.

Is this the same Columbia that only lost to Ohio State by 14?

Wow!

Great day for the Danes!

Guys-- This team...is the team that some of us have been hyping.

I sat on my couch with my tea...my multiple sweaters...my head spinning from the FCS possibilities and my FLU...and I was amazed by what I saw. It was total domination.

Ambrose- No one will ever be like him, but if ANYONE has the potential to be Jamar it is this kid. Once he gets under control...he will be First Team All-League

Martin- Man...this kid is a TRUE PG...but has that stroke when you need it! I like him a lot.

Connelly/Wilson- Studs today...active and just the guys we expect them to be.

Lillis- Had a good game...but an "off" night by Lillis standards. Scary thought that we still won it going away...but that is the point...he doesnt need to SHINE every night.

Iati- this kid had back surgery? Doesn't really show it. Playing well in his final season.

The Centers- Slowly getting where Will wants them (double double). Active...changed shots...and once Turley figure out how to go up strong and finish...we will be ok in the middle. Covington showed me more speed with his footwork from last year...and GIFFORD is definitely a better player that has some more work to do!

Hastings- finally got a taste of what we heard about him. Kid was active...drove...and plays mean defense.

Anderson- slowly getting time...did the little things.

Moores- Not enough to gauge him yet.

What I loved was the fact that Will felt comfortable going to all these guys...at all times. How many teams can legitimately sub 3 and 4 guys at a clip without missing much of a beat.

We were athletic, attacked, aggressive, and looked for the extra pass to get the easy shot.

There is PLENTY to work on...and this is going to be tedious...but this team can be something special by year's end.

BTW-- Huge night for the AE 4-1.

Hartford, BU and Bingo lost....AE went 4-3 if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, I totally agree with your post....UA was simply dominant out there, in ever facet of the game.

the kid Turley blocked was pissed and almost went after him...i would be also when I get schooled like that. Ambrose, who was right next to Al after the block, was all jacked up and was pumped afterwards.

ON A SIDE NOTE - How about big Giffords block also!!! The guy looked good yesterday. I even like how the kid is shooting the FT's, haha.

It's a great luxury to have a couple of big guys - Gifford, Connelly and Brent - who can all shoot free throws. Columbia's Nwachukwu is a good player but looked a little more Shaq-like from the line last night. Might as well foul him.

Watching Columbia against Ohio State on Tuesday I was impressed with Foley (#5). He seemed to do a nice job of setting their offense up. He looked frustrated by Hastings defense last night. Hastings really gets after his guy, it should be fun when he meets Mike Tromboli.

Coach Brown talked about the three-headed monster at center before the season started. It's looking like the guards might develop into something monster-like before the season is over. Martin, Iati and Ambrose are some nice weapons to bring off the bench and all had 4 rebound apiece.

One other thing, the students is section 800 were good, the ones if section 400 were AWESOME. I know it's early in the season but college is about teaching and learning. Anyway some of you guys in 400 can take the 800 people under your wing and educate them? They picked up the U-A thing but were lacking on the UA, - UA - UA- UA and others. Gotta get that stuff down by February.

Echoing DP's post, I think I only heard our UA, UA, UA, etc. chant once during the game. And I don't recall the pep band playing the jingle on the tuba, etc. to get the crowd chanting it.

On another note, did the pep band seem a little more quiet than usual? If anyone else had the same thought, I would probably speculate that it's because of new members and the first game of the year.

As far as the game goes, I think this is an exciting team to watch! So many of these freshman could develop into something special, but Ambrose is the one that really stuck out for me. I know we're not supposed to say "he's the next Jamar," but I couldn't stop myself from thinking that!

I was so impressed with Scrap Martin too. Whenever he's up there at the point, I feel relaxed and confident as a fan. He is solid and has some really crisp passes.

The block by Turley was awesome! And speaking of Turley, what was up with the refs not calling fouls against Columbia in the last 5-8 minutes of the game when Turley was getting beat up down low??! I know it was a blowout and he is big and all, but that should not change the definition of what a foul is. Nonetheless, Turley is going to be a lot of fun to watch! I enjoyed hearing the students chant his name after that block!

Hastings is solid too. And I think he's got some offensive firepower stashed away that we will see later on this season as he gets more comfortable.

Archived