UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NORMAN R. SWANSON

ATL_DANE

Norman is on a personal quest to return UAlbany to the 1960's and obscurity. Does this guy have an axe to grind or what? How many times is he going to write in to the TU to complain about the UAlbany stadium? He acts as though it's his money that will be spent. He doesn't give a F*#k about any one but himself. We had over 6,000 fans out for home coming despite our high school facilities but he conviently missed that fact in his most recent rant.

Why are so many of the old alumni so bitter and angry? Yes, it's not the same school that Norman attened 40 years ago. It's not the same school I attended 10 years ago... It's better. Change is good. I look forward to that stadium opening. I will fly up there from Atlanta to go each each and every home game. Norman can kiss my A$$.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...date=11/25/2007

I don't think all of the OLD alumnae are opposed to a football facility or to the growth of athletics. In fact the first year we went D-I and we decided to buy seasons tickets to support the transition, I thought you were required to have gray hair to be a season ticket holder. I have also run into OLD alumnae at games in Philadelphia and Columbus who were fans in the 50's and 60's and are returning as fans. I think and hope the academic programs and athletic programs grow side by side; and as the current athletic programs meet with success, we may add back some sports such as swimming, mens' tennis and wrestling. In the early 60's Nelson Rockefeller proposed the South Mall project aka Empire State Plaza with great protest. He said something to the effect--"people may not understand the value of this project for 100 years but then---". I think the Capitol district needs a large outdoor multi-purpose facility which will benefit students and the community as well as the football program.

In the early 60's Nelson Rockefeller proposed the South Mall project aka Empire State Plaza with great protest. He said something to the effect--"people may not understand the value of this project for 100 years but then---".

Which value? The pluses of the museum and the architecture or the minuses of it having turned the South End into a second ghetto, the destruction of longstanding neighborhoods, and that the status of The Egg as a convention center seems to be nonexistent as after only 30 years certain people are high on building a new one rather than improving it?

I think the Capitol district needs a large outdoor multi-purpose facility which will benefit students and the community as well as the football program.

Agreed and it is something is long overdue. Since the City of Albany seems too high on a convention center that we don't need and nobody really wants, maybe it's time to get Albany County involved. This'll be the TUC all over again only that we'll hold the cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived