UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boise St.

Nice post OrangeDane, but let me play the Scrooge to your holiday spirit and offer one BSU poster's reflections on UA:

Boise State Fan's Impression on UA

"The facilities i thought were a bit tiny, the arena only held 4,500 fans and it was nowhere near capacity. It looked like a slightly upgraded Centennial High School gym with bleachers by each goal. I don't think we should take TBA for granted, our arena looked NBA quality compared to this. Also, UA's fans were pretty dull for most of the game. I made sure to make my voice louder than the ~2000 or so Albany fans, especially later in the game. I'm sure if you were paying attention to the broadcast, you could here the "LETS GO BRONCO's" yelling. It seemed it was just me and Reggies family were the only ones to get into it, especially at the end. I'll tell you what, the old fart UA fans were not happy sitting next to me. There were about 20-30 bronco fans there, I thought I'd be the only one. I ended up meeting Reggies family, real nice group of people, finally getting to see him play, as they live in Newark NJ."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the worst part is that they were section next to section 600. As someone who sits in 200 I always thought the 600 side was more likely to stand up, make noise, etc. I'd hate to see what they had to say if they sat near our side - we lost our rowdiest group of ticket holders to the Millionaires Row.

As we move up the recruiting ladder (I hope!) and recruit players who are more athletic or have different skill sets we're going to keep having the "why doesn't Coach Brown play the new guys debate."

I had to force myself to remember a game a few years ago during Jamar's freshman year. If I remember right we were down a point to Boston U (who won the regular season title that year) and had the ball. Coach Brown called a timeout and ran a play for Jamar. He made a spin move in the lane and then...turned the ball over. BUMA made the free throws and we lost the game. I remember thinking as I walked down the stairs "why did he give the ball to a freshman when he has two seniors of the floor, one of whom is a 1,000 point scorer (Antione Johnson)? Put the ball in their hands and let them decide the game."

Fast forward to last night when they have three seniors on the floor, two of them who'll be thousand point scorers and I want the freshman in, at least for a while. There have been points in this season where both the seniors and the freshman have driven me nuts. I'll have to watch the game again but I though Ambrose either looked confused or nonchalant on defense in his minutes in the first half. These couple of weeks when classes are out and they can practice more should help a lot.

As all three of these guys develop we'll get better and better. If we need evidence that Coach Brown is warming up to them it seemed to me like our center spot rotation was different last night. Previously I thought the rotation was more or less Covington-Gifford-Turley. Last night it seemed more like Gifford (to start anyway)-Turley-Covington. It might have been the opponent but I guess we'll see.

Finally....best Holiday wishes to everyone on this board, I am always impressed by the quality of the dialog here and by the fact that there is so little acrimony between and amongst posters, you don't have to look at too many online forums/blogs to see that that is highly unusual, and refreshing....(special greeting to Dane Pound for stewarding the board...it can't be an easy task by any stretch, I am sure...) and everyone let's get ready and pumped for what I think will be a very succesful America East Campaign...I hear its even better the third time around!

Happy Xmas to all and to all a good night!

Very nice, ODane, very classy. Much appreciated.

I felt Larry could take over the game whenever it needed to be done. Fortunately, for him but not for us, his teammate took over and he was off the hook. Coach Brown seems to still be searching for the right combinations. Seniors like Lillis, Wilson and Iati don't come along very often. I feel confident they will not let us lose in conference. The freshman and underclassmen are just a bonus.

Archived