UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boise St.

Before I comment on anything, the live video feed is 1000% better. The score is posted at the top of the screen with the clock, replays are being shown etc.

I love the new lineup/rotation that Will has implemented. I also am a big fan of how we are trying to push the ball at times. This caters towards Josh and Timmy's games. We are playing with some very good intensity and it seems as though we have more than a bright future for our program. Turley is palying more and I'm just overly happy with our offensive game so far during the game. If we play like this all year long, WATCH OUT.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before I comment on anything, the live video feed is 1000% better. The score is posted at the top of the screen with the clock, replays are being shown etc.

I love the new lineup/rotation that Will has implemented. I also am a big fan of how we are trying to push the ball at times. This caters towards Josh and Timmy's games. We are playing with some very good intensity and it seems as though we have more than a bright future for our program. Turley is palying more and I'm just overly happy with our offensive game so far during the game. If we play like this all year long, WATCH OUT.

the feed is the TW3 coverage in the albany area. thats why it looks professional.

Oh, and Josh Martin is my hero.

that was the best half of the season against a good team. the threes were flying and martin was a stud. and timmy only had 1

bucket. defense has to be better in second half in case we don't shoot as well. looks like boise can fill it up if needed.

Wow. All I can say. Disappointing.

I'm sorry, and not to knock Iati, but he is trying WAY too hard offensively. Injury or not, he is out of control and doesn't provide much defensively. His minutes NEED to come down. I'm shocked that Tim didn't get more burn today. Horrible loss. This loss and the St. Bonnie loss. We should be atleast 7-4, no doubt about it.

Wow. All I can say. Disappointing.

I'm sorry, and not to knock Iati, but he is trying WAY too hard offensively. Injury or not, he is out of control and doesn't provide much defensively. His minutes NEED to come down. I'm shocked that Tim didn't get more burn today. Horrible loss. This loss and the St. Bonnie loss. We should be atleast 7-4, no doubt about it.

very disappointing to say the least. shots didn't fall, Iati trying to drive the lane, Martin disappeared in second half, another quiet game from Brent, just to name a few. team still has work to do

Absurd.

Iati drives into places he doesn't belong, then forces us to play 4 on 5 defensively. Meanwhile Ambrose comes off such an impressive appearance at Duke and sits most of this game. Iati made a few three's, but he took and missed some awfully bad ones as well. If he plays 25-30 minutes, we have a difficult time winning. Makes no sense.

Officiating was inconsistent as well. Sometimes they could play, other times insignificant hand checks were fouls. More moving picks called in one game than in a season.

Bad loss. Sorry, but suspect coaching.

I have only three words to say: Bad, BAD Danes!!! :(.

We blew another easy win, and now I'm worried. Why can't Will win these easy wins?

scrabble,

This was not an "easy win". This was a blown opportunity though. Disappointed in Iati, he doesn't deserve the blame for this loss alone, but coach Brown is playing him way to much IMO. Again, JMO, but that out of control shot in the lane and then giving up a wide open drive killed any momentum we had.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this is a rebuilding year of sorts......we should have a strong showing in confrence but we are certainly a notch or two down from where we've been. Other then possibly playing Iati a bit to much I have no problem how coach Brown used the guys.

Inconsistent play from Ambrose, to be expected I might add from a freshman. Wish Jerell would get a bit more aggressive, he has the tools and showed some of them today, probably one of his better games but needs to get a bit more aggressive.

We rely too much on the three. You had to know that after the torrid pace of the first half where the Danes got nearly half their points from behind the arc that things were not going to drop so readily in the second stanza. I wish we had a much stronger inside presence. With the height advantage we have on the team, a lot more points should be coming from inside. This game was very disappointing.

We rely too much on the three. You had to know that after the torrid pace of the first half where the Danes got nearly half their points from behind the arc that things were not going to drop so readily in the second stanza. I wish we had a much stronger inside presence. With the height advantage we have on the team, a lot more points should be coming from inside. This game was very disappointing.

olddog,

Excellent point, people around me were talking about it. Nothing inside again, everything we do we do it from the outside. A team can go cold just as quick as the opposition can get hot. Also, not nearly enough slashing.

I have only three words to say: Bad, BAD Danes!!! :(.

We blew another easy win, and now I'm worried. Why can't Will win these easy wins?

Calling a game against the top WAC team "easy" shows how little you know about college basketball..or this team in general. And it's not Will that wins or loses these games, it's the 5 Danes on the floor.

It's certainly disappointing to lose this game after the strong first we had, but I was expecting a tough game from the start. A 6 point loss is probably what I would have guessed going into tip-off.

Ambrose is an exciting player to watch and certainly provides an offensive spark, but there's more to playing than just individual scoring. The TU blog pointed out that when Ambrose is in, the offense can run no more than 6 offensive sets, compared to the 30+ that are run when he's off the court. That's not going to always help the team as a whole.

I might disagree with a move here and there, but I'm never gonna question a coach that brought this team from the AE basement and lauhging stock of the conference to two straight NCAA appearances.

GO DANES

Well, it was a game we should have won, no body should be saying "well, boise st. is good, so..." because we had this one in our grasp!! It would've been that signature victory we've been searching for so far this season. Boise is a solid team, not great, solid, and we gave it back to them.

I saw most of it, and Turley was very very impressive. I finally got a chance to really sit down and watch him, and he's better then I though.

One Quick Question: Why wasn't Tim Ambrose playing towards the end? We needed offense, I was a little surprised by that.

Inconsistent play from Ambrose, to be expected I might add from a freshman.

IMO, he needs to get a chance to play. He played about 1 minute in the second half, made a bad play and sat until 28 seconds left.

He's going to make mistakes but he's also going to make plays - he's shown that he can do that.

Free Tim Ambrose

Archived