UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU Article: " UAlbany undertakes extreme makeover"

scrabbleship

a funny one from the blog:

“Long Island Credit Union and Liquor Store.”

I read some of the comments from the blog. Are SUNY kids the only people who talk crap about their own schools? I mean, I can't stand people who do that. You choose a University, you pay money to go to the place you choose and then you go and talk crap about it. It's BS. Have a little pride in your school or stfu and get out.

I read some of the comments from the blog. Are SUNY kids the only people who talk crap about their own schools? I mean, I can't stand people who do that. You choose a University, you pay money to go to the place you choose and then you go and talk crap about it. It's BS. Have a little pride in your school or stfu and get out.

Yes. Quite simply, yes.

SUNY has some great universities but you'd never know that if you talk to a SUNY student. You would never hear a kid from UGA, Florida, Alabama or any other state school talk crap about their school. Quite the opposite, I've had both UGA and Alabama grads compare their schools to Harvard. And they mean it! I'll spare you the story but they spoke of Rhode scholars and Academic Americans... they had a whole argument.

Look at how UA got slammed as the #1 party school a few years ago. Who declared this fact? We did! Our own students told the interviewers this nonsense. To be honest, these kids don't have a clue as to what a party school looks like. Go to Michigan State or the Florida/Georgia game. Now that will be some heavy drinking and partying. Those kids are just smart enough not to bad mouth their schools. If these kids don't want to be a UAlbany or SUNY they should transfer. Period. Why spend four years and thousands of dollars at a school that's beneath you?

Yes. Quite simply, yes.

Lucky for us, this is a habit that is starting to reach its end, depending on where you go in the SUNY system. With UA I see it subsiding since the last few freshmen classes are people who actually WANTED to be here and sought us out rather than merely settled on us. The SUNY self-hatred is far less appearent with some of the colleges, with those a lot of people hold going there in pride because, more often than not, people have sought to go there.

I wish I knew when the snarkers in question attended UA, just to see how many are from the fairly recent past when the amount of people who settled on Albany seemed to be a lot higher than now.

SUNY has some great universities but you'd never know that if you talk to a SUNY student. If these kids don't want to be a UAlbany or SUNY they should transfer. Period. Why spend four years and thousands of dollars at a school that's beneath you?

Tell that first sentence to someone who graduated from one of the colleges or who sought out the SUNY they went to and I'm willing to say that the response would be contrary to what you say.

I have an informal little experiment for the alumni on this board. If you speak to anyone who settled on SUNY and never really liked it here, try to ask them why they bothered in the first place where there are other schools in the system as well as private schools they could afford. I'd be willing to guess that a lot of the SUNY self-hatred comes from people who wanted to go to an Ivy or a small liberal arts school, couldn't afford it and/or lacked the grades, and ended up here just to have a vacation from home. Anyone agree?

Archived