UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NCAA Predictions

Rivals is predicting UMBC. They're not too complimentary to our league.

----------------------------------------------

Maryland-Baltimore Co.*

Overall seed: No. 62.

Record: 13-7.

RPI: 127.

Best win: 70-68 at Richmond on Nov. 17.

Worst loss: 77-74 vs. Maine on Jan. 12.

Behind the choice: The Retrievers are in a three-way tie for the league lead in the loss column in the low-rent America East Conference. Five of UMBC's next seven games are at home. Finishing first in the regular season is important because the conference tourney is hosted by the highest remaining seed.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=767393

Hopefully the low-rent description only fits for this year. Unless UMBC goes on a tear through the rest of the conference schedule we may not have a 20 win team in the league through the regular season.

Just noticing but the last two times the tournament has been held in Bing the league's RPI has been low. My theory is the players and coaches are bummed out about having the tourney there and it affects their play.

Other comments of note:

(Southern U #65) "Southwestern Athletic Conference ? the weakest of the 31 Division I leagues. The Jaguars also are our pick to be one of the two teams involved in the play-in game. Actually, the SWAC champ will be in the play-in game, whoever it is."

(Wagner #64) "The Northeast winner appears a likely candidate for the play-in game. "

(APSU #61) "The OVC is ranked 30th among the 31 Division I leagues in RPI." - but he still puts Austin Peay ahead of UMBC

The Ivy League hasn't even started league play yet

($iena) and the pick for the MAAC (which we've been told is supposedly sooooo superior) gets the last #14 seed - #56 overall. Also note made of their league's "weird scheduling"

Hopefully the low-rent description only fits for this year. Unless UMBC goes on a tear through the rest of the conference schedule we may not have a 20 win team in the league through the regular season.

Just noticing but the last two times the tournament has been held in Bing the league's RPI has been low. My theory is the players and coaches are bummed out about having the tourney there and it affects their play.

Did anyone foresee this kind of OOC result for the AE east? I gotta be honest, I though we'd be a bit down like 21 or 22.....NOT 27. What the heck happened to BUMA, allot of injuries or something more? To bad Bingo started playing once they hit the conference schedule. We also dropped a number of winnable games.

Hartford and UNH both coming along nicely as programs, especially Hartford.

Archived