UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

True Make or break stretch

As disappointing as this season has been - it is now time to see what this team is made of.

We have 3 home games Stony Brook, New Hampshire and Hartford, if we can hold serve at home ( something we've struggled with this year) we'd be at 7-4 - with games still remaining with those teams ahead of us, plus the teams ahead of us must square off with each other.

Should be interesting - Lillis I know will show up, let's see who if anyone comes to play with him. I'd love to see Connelly and Wilson both have a series of solid games and play 30+ minutes.

This team can hang around with anyone but they have to find a way to protect the ball and avoid prolonged scoring droughts.

Any opinions?

As disappointing as this season has been - it is now time to see what this team is made of.

We have 3 home games Stony Brook, New Hampshire and Hartford, if we can hold serve at home ( something we've struggled with this year) we'd be at 7-4 - with games still remaining with those teams ahead of us, plus the teams ahead of us must square off with each other.

Should be interesting - Lillis I know will show up, let's see who if anyone comes to play with him. I'd love to see Connelly and Wilson both have a series of solid games and play 30+ minutes.

This team can hang around with anyone but they have to find a way to protect the ball and avoid prolonged scoring droughts.

Any opinions?

Patch,

Truer words have never been spoken on this board. There is still time to turn this thing around.....SB, NH and Hartford should all be winnable games, especially at home. Grabbing all three would truly point us in the right direction. After the Maine debacle, I have to honest, I'm nervous about all three of these games....not so much SB but certainly UNH and the Hawks.

All UA fans should be nervous about the 3 upcoming games because this team has really given us nothing to be confident of except that they can play with almost anyone, all we have to do is look at how many games we've been competitive in this season.

It's time for this team to take back the SEFCU advantage.

This crazy season continues. The AE thing may still be winnable. Need to win the next 3 at home to have any chance, Still have to go to Vermont, Binghamton and Maine...need 2 of those 3.That will be a big task for this group. Then BU and UMBC at home--need both of those. Being an extreme opitimist---if they can finish 7-1----it would put the record at 11-5

I've said all along that we can still battle for a title. This is a HUGE stretch for us and I think we can get it done. We looked like hell last night but still clawed our way back to make a game of it, and we have been in most games. Just have to put it together for a full 40 minutes.

This crazy season continues. The AE thing may still be winnable. Need to win the next 3 at home to have any chance, Still have to go to Vermont, Binghamton and Maine...need 2 of those 3.That will be a big task for this group. Then BU and UMBC at home--need both of those. Being an extreme opitimist---if they can finish 7-1----it would put the record at 11-5 - purplehaze

purplehaze - I agree wholeheartedly but........

I would just be very excited to get to 7-4 and let the cards fall where they may.

While we're playing the next three.

UMBC plays - @UVM, SBU and Bing

Binghamton plays - Hartford, UVM and @UMBC

UVM only has 2 games - UMBC and @ Bing

After that the conference picture could be interesting.

This crazy season continues. The AE thing may still be winnable. Need to win the next 3 at home to have any chance, Still have to go to Vermont, Binghamton and Maine...need 2 of those 3.That will be a big task for this group. Then BU and UMBC at home--need both of those. Being an extreme opitimist---if they can finish 7-1----it would put the record at 11-5 - purplehaze

purplehaze - I agree wholeheartedly but........

I would just be very excited to get to 7-4 and let the cards fall where they may.

While we're playing the next three.

UMBC plays - @UVM, SBU and Bing

Binghamton plays - Hartford, UVM and @UMBC

UVM only has 2 games - UMBC and @ Bing

After that the conference picture could be interesting.

Like I said---I was being an EXTREME optimist-----being realistic---I am thinking 7-4 and taking it from there

I'll take 5-4 on Saturday and go from there. The games where we've played the road game in the series (Stony Brook) and won generally make me nervous at home. Too many times I've seen teams be over-confident in these kinds of games and forget how hard they had to work to get the win on the road.

I hope I'm wrong and we woop up on the Seawolves in front of a home crowd on Saturday. I'm still hoping this team adds that extra dimension over the final month of the season that brings them up from middle of the pack.

Archived