UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ESPN Bracketbuster

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who else is going out to the game? My college roomate lives out there, so I plan on visiting him and seeing the game at Canisius that weekend.

Checking the Sabres schedule, available at http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app?service=pag...bseasonSchedule, it reveals that the Rangers come to Buffalo that night to play the Sabres, but that game is at 7pm, so it conflicts with the UAlbany game. I would so love to see the Rangers vs. Sabres too!!!

BTW, it has now been announced that the UA - cansius game is at 7:30.

http://www.canisius.edu/athletics/news/tea...ms%2Fteam%2Easp

The Sabres are playing the Senators in Buffalo that weekend Bob if you're looking for another game to make it worth while.

DP

Thanks, but I am showing the Rangers at the Sabres on Saturday 2/23 at 7PM, so it doesn't help.

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app?service=pag...bseasonSchedule

I am still leaning on seeing UAlbany Lacrosse at Johns Hopkins at noon on 2/23 and although I haven't really looked yet I should be able to find a game to go to Saturday evening. I mean go see the defending national champions whom UA beat last season or go see a lowly maac school in a crappy building on a crappy campus in a depressed part of the city of Buffalo.

" lowly maac school in a crappy building on a crappy campus in a depressed part of the city of Buffalo."

Lol, that's for sure! Canisius right on Main Street in "midtown" Buffalo, right? If I remember correctly, that whole part of Buffalo is horrible ... .

One of my labmates from grad school went to Canisius, and this is how he described some of the house/apt. building parties in that neighborhood:

"First floor--beer. Second floor--hard liquor. Third floor--drugs." :blink::blink::blink:

Lol, that's for sure! Canisius right on Main Street in "midtown" Buffalo, right? If I remember correctly, that whole part of Buffalo is horrible ... .

Yes , the arena is on main street and right next to the all outdoor sport field.

I was last there in September and the area around Canisuis is still horrible. And the athletic field isn't much better. The same old style turf field is used for all the outdoor sports there. I kid you not. Soccer, baseball, softball, lacrosse I think and it would be used for football if they still had a team. I talked to a couple of baseball players briefly while I was there and I felt bad for them having to play on that field in Buffalo at the time of year that the college baseball games are played. I figured they must really love baseball to put up with that.

Archived