UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Parking Issue at the CU

This isn't a huge deal but I was curious if it had ever happened to anyone else.

At the Hartford game we were going to have some friends meet us at the game with their two year old. Because they were driving in a seperate car we gave them our reservered parking pass for ease of transporting their son to the game instead of schleping from Dutch lot (which LadyDP and I did instead.)

They ended up getting to the game a little late, right around tip time (did I mention the two year old?) and displayed the parking pass but were told the lot was full so they ended up parking in Dutch lot anyway. Not a huge deal although they missed much of the first half.

I had always thought they held spots for people with the parking pass as they are stamped "reserved." I had always thought they hold spots for people with the passes but maybe it was just a mistake this time. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this, we generally don't notice because we usually get to games fairly early for Varsity Club.

This isn't a huge deal but I was curious if it had ever happened to anyone else.

At the Hartford game we were going to have some friends meet us at the game with their two year old. Because they were driving in a seperate car we gave them our reservered parking pass for ease of transporting their son to the game instead of schleping from Dutch lot (which LadyDP and I did instead.)

They ended up getting to the game a little late, right around tip time (did I mention the two year old?) and displayed the parking pass but were told the lot was full so they ended up parking in Dutch lot anyway. Not a huge deal although they missed much of the first half.

I had always thought they held spots for people with the parking pass as they are stamped "reserved." I had always thought they hold spots for people with the passes but maybe it was just a mistake this time. Just curious if anyone else had experienced this, we generally don't notice because we usually get to games fairly early for Varsity Club.

Yep, this has happened to me too. No big deal but inexplainable. "Reserved parking" should be reserved though.

This happens to me once or twice a season. I've also had to park along the side of the "road" around the perimeter of the lot a few times. It is very frustrating. I have two kids and often get to the games 10-15 minutes before tipoff. This shouldn't happen. The lot was seal coated and re-stripped two summers ago, so someone (especially the company that did the work) should know exactly how many parking spots there are. The last time this happened a few weeks ago UPD blocked the lot entrance so I couldn't drop my wife and kids off or even turn around in the lot.

We had to park out on the grass once and we've come close to getting "shut out" a couple of times...I agree...count the spaces...count the number of preseason passes sold and then only sell the difference to walk ups...pretty easy to solve one would think....

Is the problem that the lot is never actually completely empty? For evening games I think sometimes there are cars that have been parked there since the afternoon.

We had to park out on the grass once and we've come close to getting "shut out" a couple of times...I agree...count the spaces...count the number of preseason passes sold and then only sell the difference to walk ups...pretty easy to solve one would think....

Is the problem that the lot is never actually completely empty? For evening games I think sometimes there are cars that have been parked there since the afternoon.

I believe that is part of the problem, but I doubt they do any counting at all. If you are going to see "reserved" parking passes, you have to find a way to reserve them. They also probably want to make sure all spots are filled and not reserve for people that don't show. That doesn't work. I paid for it, it should be available.

Archived