UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season tickets and the media guide were printed for a 4:00 start, but Rodger yesterday, the T-U's week-ahead schedule, and both teams' web sites show 1:00. I'd hope they send out a notice to season-ticket holders so we don't miss half of the few fans we'll get next weekend.

During a game, an announcer had commented that one of Albany's home game's gametime was changing to 1pm. It was probably the connecticut game.

Out of the six remaining football games, four of them are at home.

Both CCSU and Monmouth are home games, which appear to be the most competitive opponents on the road to the championship.

Sacred Heart is undefeated, but has had a very soft schedule.

On to CCSU.

W, 42-35 vs. Bryant

L, 14-50 at #1 North Dakota State

W, 35-23 vs. North Carolina Central

W, 28-10 at Delaware State

W, 35-10 vs. Wagner

Any opinions on CCSU?

Some thoughts on Central:

They are very similar to us. They run the ball. Its what they do. They have a QB platoon this year that is averaging a combined 130ish passing yards per game.

Statistical comparison courtesy of Aceinthehole (CCSU fan on AGS):

Rushing (Att-Yds-Avg- TD-Long- Yds/G)

MALLORY (CCSU) 133 - 739 - 5.6 - 4 - 94 - 147.8

McCARTY (UA) 149 - 710 - 4.8 - 4 - 51 - 142.0

Passing (Att - Cmp – Int - Pct-Yds- TD)

ESPOSITO (UA) 121 – 67 – 3 - 55.4 - 716 - 5

WANKET (CCSU) 45 – 25 – 1 - 55.6 - 338 - 4

NORRIS (CCSU) 38 – 24 – 0 - 63.2 - 333 - 5

And NDSU was way overrated at #1 when they whooped CCSU. NDSU is no better (IMO) then UNH, UMass or Delaware.

Delaware State was a good win for Central. Full scholarship team (MEAC champs and playoff team last year) on the road. Del State isn't that good this year though. Middle of the pack MEAC team at best. Would get beat by UNH, UD, or UMass by a ton.

It will be close I think. CCSU also hasn't forgotten the butt-kicking the Danes put on them at their place last year. I'm sure they'll want a little revenge from that.

All-in-all I think CCSU has to throw the ball to beat us. I don't think they can and I love our odds putting our running game and run defense against any in the NEC.

It will be close I think. CCSU also hasn't forgotten the butt-kicking the Danes put on them at their place last year. I'm sure they'll want a little revenge from that.

All-in-all I think CCSU has to throw the ball to beat us. I don't think they can and I love our odds putting our running game and run defense against any in the NEC.

I'm sure CCSU didn't like the azz whoopin last year. But, fordie and the boys know they must treat CCSU and Monmouth as must wins... If they win both, I believe we win the championship.

I agree... I'd put our run D ahead of any running game in the NEC, including CCSU.

UAlbany finally at home - Mark McGuire's column is the T-U coverage for the week.

Best news: "(Important note: Next season UAlbany will play more games at home than on the road for the first time since 1998.)"

A much bigger story in the Capital Region section about how Colonie Central is asking voters to approve $150K to bring the football field's press box up to the fire code. Of course a press box affects the reporters personally.

UAlbany finally at home - Mark McGuire's column is the T-U coverage for the week.

Best news: "(Important note: Next season UAlbany will play more games at home than on the road for the first time since 1998.)"

A much bigger story in the Capital Region section about how Colonie Central is asking voters to approve $150K to bring the football field's press box up to the fire code. Of course a press box affects the reporters personally.

Not to jump ahead too far, but does anyone know what the OOC is next year? I haven't heard much of anything.

With the NEC schedule only having 3 home games next year (Duquense, SHU and RMU), it looks like we may get 3 or 4 out of conference home games next year. That would be great. Hopefully we can get some big names to get some good crowds.

NEC preview and they meant University Field.

http://www.northeastconference.org/News/fb....asp?path=fball

Central Connecticut State (4-1, 1-0 NEC) at Albany (2-3, 1-0 NEC)

Kickoff: Saturday at 1:00 pm LIVE on Time Warner 3

Albany's Alumni Field will host a game that both sides have awaited for quite some time. The Great Danes, the only Division I (FBS or FCS) team to not open its home schedule until October, make their triumphant return in front of a home crowd that has yet to host their NEC champion team in more than 10 months. Meanwhile, Central Connecticut State has its first chance to erase the memory of last year's regular season finale, a 49-14 home loss to the Great Danes with the NEC title on the line. The Great Danes have not played at home since they rolled past Robert Morris on November 3 of last season, two weeks prior to their title-clinching victory at Central Connecticut State.

Being away from home hasn't seemed to bother Albany tailback David McCarty (Gansevoort, NY/LaSalle Institute) one bit. Facing NEC competition this past week for the first time since his 247-yard performance at CCSU more than 10 months ago, McCarty gained 230 yards on 37 carries in powering the Great Danes past Duquesne. Even some of the nation's top teams could not slow Albany's all-NEC ball carrier. McCarty ran for 125 yards at No. 13 Massachusetts before gaining 130 yards at No. 4 New Hampshire. In addition to utilizing their defensive playmakers like defensive end Ernie Greywacz (New Canaan, CT/New Canaan) and linebacker Jeff Marino (New Britain, CT/New Britain) to neutralize the Great Danes' tailback, the Blue Devils can significantly limit McCarty's impact by keeping Albany's offense on the sidelines. Central Connecticut certainly has the running game to achieve such an end.

Ranked amongst the nation's top-10 rushing attacks for the third consecutive year, the Blue Devils' ninth-ranked, multi-faceted rushing attack can gain chunks of yardage while taking a major bite out of the clock. The conference's top team in time of possession features the nation's fifth-ranked running back in junior James Mallory (Buffalo, NY/Kenmore West). Despite having Mallory held to under 100 yards rushing for the first time all season, the Blue Devils cruised to a 35-10 victory over Wagner last week while managing 243 net rush yards. The quarterback tandem of Aubrey Norris (Staten Island, NY/Hargrave Military) and Hunter Wanket (Rancho Santa Fe, CA/Palomar JC) not only threw for three scores, but carried the ball a combined 11 times for 66 yards

Archived