UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another jab at the SUNY rivals...

I love having a coach who isn't afraid to speak his mind...

As per Mark's TU Blog...

Finally, Brown appeared to take a jab at SUNY rivals Stony Brook and Binghamton, who each have a player in trouble with the law.

Asked if his team is the wild card in America East, Brown responded, “No doubt, because I know the guys that are here now will be here when it ends, because our guys aren’t going to do anything silly. The guys I have are focused.”

I love having a coach who isn't afraid to speak his mind...

As per Mark's TU Blog...

Finally, Brown appeared to take a jab at SUNY rivals Stony Brook and Binghamton, who each have a player in trouble with the law.

Asked if his team is the wild card in America East, Brown responded, “No doubt, because I know the guys that are here now will be here when it ends, because our guys aren’t going to do anything silly. The guys I have are focused.”

I don't know....you just never know what a kid is gonna do. If our kid was to do something silly I fear Coach Brown will be killed by the pundits out there. It's fine if the fans get into it....we give $iena and we take $iena back.

See, but here's the thing. Coach KNOWS our kids won't do that and that's why he recruits them. One of his top priorities is finding quality kids to play for him, and it seems like he does more than his due diligence during recruiting in making sure he's getting quality kids who won't do anything dumb like steal, or fight or something along those lines to give the program a bad rep...

I hate to bring this up but.........................

Coach Ford recruits "good kids" too, but a few from Georiga got into some trouble a couple years ago too. Good kids get in trouble. It happens, especially to high profile college athletes. They become a target of sorts.

See, but here's the thing. Coach KNOWS our kids won't do that and that's why he recruits them. One of his top priorities is finding quality kids to play for him, and it seems like he does more than his due diligence during recruiting in making sure he's getting quality kids who won't do anything dumb like steal, or fight or something along those lines to give the program a bad rep...

I'm still a young guy (under 30) but I remember being 20-21 etc. and I can remember my friends and I not always making the best choices. Part of the learning and maturation process is making mistakes and learning from them. Young adults will make mistakes, unfortunately these kids are under a microscope especially in the Albany area with at least 4 TV stations, at least 2 Newspapers and radio stations covering the program. I'd hate for our coach to be killed should something happen, I keep my fingers crossed that our guys will keep their noses clean but you just never know. So far so good in our D1 tenure, but it only takes one time.

Recruiting quality kids who can compete athletically cannot be an easy job.

I kind of like the idea of taking an occasional chance on a kid who has gotten into a little bit of trouble. Yes, give the kid a second chance.

When a coach, however, begins to acquire multiple question marks, then he's treading into very risky territory. Questionable characters at that point begin to feed off each other. Your chances of getting through a whole season unscathed by some scandal decrease dramatically. I don't exactly know why a coach would want to put himself into that kind of position. Just the extra energy of having to deal personally with a kid who gets into trouble would deter me from recruiting that kind of kid.

I'm not certain this is a jab at anyone except the players that made the mistakes. Good for him, as long as he continues to hold his players accountable, fine. It could also be a reminder to the UA players. Something to the effect of...I don't allow this type of behavior. I don't care if you are 18, 21, 35 etc. Consequences to your actions.

That said, all jabs at Bing. are welcome.

Archived