UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post-game Depaul Stories

Wish the Danes could have pulled it out, but I think it's another game to be encouraged by..held them to under 40% FG shooting and under 30% 3-point shooting..obviously the 20 turnovers are what hurt us, but an impressive +10 rebounding margin was great to see..our strong rebounding, especially on the offensive glass, will help to negate the effect of the turnovers while the team continues to get comfortable with each other..I think that's what kept us in the game last night.

All in all, I think it was a great performance by the '6th pick' America East team against a Big East BCS foe.

Anyone think we might see Mike Johnson in the starting point guard role tomorrow at Bryant after his performance last night?..Coach Brown could do that to bring Raffa off the bench as an offensive/energy spark.

Anyone think we might see Mike Johnson in the starting point guard role tomorrow at Bryant after his performance last night?..Coach Brown could do that to bring Raffa off the bench as an offensive/energy spark.

I would agree with that move, not just because of last nights game, but Mike gives us the best chance to win right now...IMO. He doesn't always have to score the ball like he did yesterday but he needs to get the team into their sets (when not running) and he is a great on the ball defender, and can dish an assists. I know Anthony is the future and he should get plenty of time but I'm not convinced he's ready just yet. He'll be a star soon enough.

QUOTE(Phoenix @ Nov 18 2008, 10:44 AM)

I would agree with that move, not just because of last nights game, but Mike gives us the best chance to win right now...IMO. - Bosiydid

I think Coach Brown has stated that the non conference schedule is to prepare us for the conference schedule and the AE Tourney. I don't think he's too worried about winning right now. I would imagine he would like to win every game but I do believe he has his eyes on the prize.

To me it is very interesting how things will play out.......

Will Connelly come alive?

Will Ambrose break out? Coach has shown he wants Ambrose to be a key guy starting him against 2 Big East teams.

Will Barazza gain confidence from his 2nd half play at DePaul?

Will Gifford continue to be a very effective rebounder and will he score a little more against AE level comp?

I too wonder who will be our PG?

Will Will Harris be the monster player some of us think he is capable of being?

Will Scottie McRae continue to impact games?

I wonder why Allen played so little was it match ups, his broken nose or just a coaches decission?

Will we see Aronhalt soon?

It's 2 games in and I have alot of questions so I'm just going to wait and watch and hopefully some questions will be answered in the next couple of games.

I think it would be understandable to see Johnson start but I'd like to see Raffa get more of a chance than on the road against two Big East teams. It probably doesn't make that much of a difference who starts - Johnson got more time than Raffa and Barraza got more time than Ambrose. That should mean Raffa and Ambrose are rested for big games on Weds.

Will we see Aronhalt soon?

While all the listed questions are intruiging, with so many unknowns and so many new faces I thought I would go crazy(er) if I didn't concentrate on one or two issues. While I will always root for Giffy's development I am placing this season's enjoyment squarely on Logan's shoulders.

I had the opportunity to speak with him at length at the golf tournament and he is a very quality kid/person. I mentioned how we tracked his high school career and have seen his awards, highlights, and videos. At one point I half-jokingly said that "even though the team has a load of talent entering the system that I had him down as the newcomer that would make the biggest differnce" to which his response was "I'll do my best to reach that goal" or something along that effect. He may have also added a "Sir" to the end of his statement as he is a very polite and articulate young man. I instantly liked him.

So, here's to Logan getting well soon, and to an enjoyable season of basketball. It shold be a fun one to watch...

He practiced for the first time today...

It was nice to see that update on the T-U blog (especially after 'Reboundgate' against DePaul.) Hopefully I can see him in live action against UPenn because I am tiring of the "5% luck, 10% skill, 15%...." video clip on YouTube.

After watching that clip so many times I am convinced he will never miss a shot when he does play...

It was nice to see that update on the T-U blog (especially after 'Reboundgate' against DePaul.) Hopefully I can see him in live action against UPenn because I am tiring of the "5% luck, 10% skill, 15%...." video clip on YouTube.

After watching that clip so many times I am convinced he will never miss a shot when he does play...

HAHA...same here. I've sen that clip way to many times. It's bordering on obsession at this point...I might need counseling. Do we have a counselor in the house?

Haggy, tone down your expectations just a little. Logan will make some basketball mistakes this season (atleast a few) and he may miss a few shots too.

I guess I could settle for 90%+ FGs but those free throw should be perfect.

Trust me, my enthusiasm is tempered (and realistic). I wouldn't mind seeing 5-8ppg and a couple of assists and a rebound or two a game by the end of the season, but I know even that can be difficult in a deep lineup.

The potential for excitement is there and I plan on riding the freashman roller coaster of emotion all season....

I'm amazed at how many videos some guys have. Ralph Watts has three or four and they're all pretty long. I think my athletic highlight video would be about 30 seconds long with the Benny Hill theme as the soundtrack.

Archived