UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iati

Iati (York, Pa./York Catholic) scored a season-high 26 points on 11-of-20 shooting from the floor and added three assists while playing all 50 minutes in an 81-74 double-overtime loss to Stony Brook Wednesday. The 5-9 guard scored 14 points and matched a season-high with six assists with only one turnover while playing 40 minutes in a 77-59 win over Hartford Saturday. Iati has played 40 or more minutes 19 times this season and leads America East with 40.2 minutes per contest.

Are we going to start mudslinging again, Professtoknoweverythingor?

I may have been a little harsh on Iati, but my point was that he forced alot of shots at critical points in the games that really hurt the team. Against Stony Brook, he took GOOD SHOTS IN THE FLOW OF OFFENSE AND DIDNT FORCE IT. I also posted a message saying such.

Hmmmm....bad team, two straigh ROY's...potential to challenge in the coming years...SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE????? VERMONT! I think we can have an even better turn around than VERMONT. WE will have two ROY's, A MAAC ALL-ROOKIE, a 7 footer, a huge PF (DYSON), an ALL ROOK (LEVINE) and a solid cast of Rooks and hold-overs.

Someone better pray to the INJURY G-d's for us! Injuries are all that can stop us, as I think Brown will get these guys to be unselfish (which to me is the difference between VERMONT and NU!

Dane96

Someone better pray to the INJURY G-d's for us! Injuries are all that can stop us, as I think Brown will get these guys to be unselfish (which to me is the difference between VERMONT and NU! - Dane96

1. I've started already praying hoping to build up some credit for next year with the real BIG GUY.

2. Brown, I think has shown he's a master at working with his team. It boggles my mind how he and his staff somehow convince these kids to play as hard as they do game in and game out.

With all the losses and injuries over the last 2 seasons you would think every once in awhile they would no put out the maximum effort but it seems somehow the staff gets them prepared and ready to play.

With next years increase in depth and talent I would be surprised if the staff couldn't get them to buy into team play and the program.

Let's hope I am right one time.

I'm new to this message board, but it seems like more time is spent on criticizing/bashing what ScottOTile and other members say rather than discussing the issues. Aren't we allowed to express our opinions in this forum?

I'm not a big fan of Iati, but I'll admit that he had two good games against Stony Brook and Hartford. He just needs to be more consistent.

You and everyone certainly allowed and encouraged to offer your opinions.

Prof and Scototile had a difference of opinion over Iati that goes back to some previous posts. Everyone here is passionate about their Danes and things occasionally get heated. I hope it doesn't discourage you from posting.

engineerman

I am a supporter of Iati but I think your absolutely correct.

I support Iati because I think with Jamar out he was put in a situation that he wasn't recruited for.

He was not meant to be the primary scorer.

Hopefully next year we will see a different Iati when he is the 3rd - 5th offensive option.

I feel he will still get his points but on less shots and better shots. Jamar, Lucious and Levi will be primary options and even Levi will benefit as his shot selection will improve also.

But time will only tell

scottotile and engineerman

While many of us debate topics or positions on this board ( and yes I and others may get carried away at times) only a few are down right nasty.

Please try to take every thing (except the truly harsh) with a grain of salt.

The one constant is that most posters want ALL our athletic teams to be successful.

It does seem that this is primarily a basketball board but I know Dane Pound has it set up for all sports and all topics are welcome.

Hopefully the Hoops team will turn the corner and start winning on a consistent basis.

KEEP POSTING

Scototile and Engineerman,

How come you don't bash Levi for his poor decision making and selfish play???? He can't create his own shot on the perimeter! He either takes a bad shot or get's a TO!

I love how you two bash Iati who currently is a 7X AE Rookie of the Week and most likely will be Rookie of the Year. Every team put's it's best perimeter defender on Iati and not Levine!!!!!!

Remember, Levine has the experience! Iati had major shoulder surgery and missed all of the pre-season!

Like I've said before, people that know and understand basketball know how good Iati is and how good he will be!!! The armchair coach or couch coach or bleecher coach or expert just doesn't get it!

I'm done on the Iati topic! Must be nice for the AE ROY to suck!!! :lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P:):)

I am entitled to my opinion Professtoknoweverythingor. Iati has had good games and poor games, just like everyone else. It doesnt take a professor to figure that out. I think he has made better decison lately but I also think he has made a few poor decision along the way that have been very costly and that comes from being a freshman. I am sure he will be even better next year. SO GET OFF MY BACK!!!!

Now lets get back to talking about the Danes!

I love how you two bash Iati..

My second post and I am already getting bashed by the professor AND being lumped in with scottotile. I feel honored! I was just expressing my opinion when I said:

"I'm not a big fan of Iati, but I'll admit that he had two good games against Stony Brook and Hartford. He just needs to be more consistent."

I would hardly consider that bashing Iati.

As far as Levine is concerned, you'll have to excuse me because that was only my second post and I didn't get a chance to address him. He does make poor decisions and play selfishly at times, and he should know bettter, being a second year player. It seems like he is over-thinking whenever he has the ball. Earlier in the season, he was more fluid and did what came naturally to him.

Professor - You have the right to express your opinion, just like me or anyone else. I just wish you did it with some more class, like Patch and Dane Pound.