UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Rotation talk anyone

NYR

Good news about Lindfors. From his quotes last year about coming to Albany and wanting to play right away, I was worried that not playing may create a bad situation. Red-Shirting is a good option for him and the team.

What are the practice restrictions for a player that Red-Shirts? Are there any.

Also.. I can not imagine any rotation projection that does not include Logan is correct... (Sorry Bosi). Coach Brown has mentioned his health in pretty much every interview & Blog in the early part of the season.. I think he will be a big part of things once the conference season rolls around. I would keep your projections the same and give all of Barrazas minutes to Logan come January. Just my opinion FWIW.

Give Barraza's minutes to Logan? Based on what? He just started practicing. I'll wait and see what the coaching staff determines. I guess that's why I talk in more generalities than parsing out the minutes per player. It's not like the coaches write down the "schedule of minutes" before the game. I believe what happens in practice as well as the games will determine the minutes. Projecting minutes is a waste of bandwidth.

Good news about Lindfors. From his quotes last year about coming to Albany and wanting to play right away, I was worried that not playing may create a bad situation. Red-Shirting is a good option for him and the team.

What are the practice restrictions for a player that Red-Shirts? Are there any.

Also.. I can not imagine any rotation projection that does not include Logan is correct... (Sorry Bosi). Coach Brown has mentioned his health in pretty much every interview & Blog in the early part of the season.. I think he will be a big part of things once the conference season rolls around. I would keep your projections the same and give all of Barrazas minutes to Logan come January. Just my opinion FWIW.

Logan hasn't done anything yet as he hasn't had a chance. At this point he is behind the eight ball as he hasn't been practicing for weeks and is completely out of shape.

alum73, with all due respect, that's what this board is for...chatting and blogging and sure some of it could be considered a "wast of bandwidth". It's something to talk about and at least a good number of us are interested in speculating on the rotation. No one is expecting the coach to get pointers from this board or coach based on what I or anyone else says.

I'd guess the downside to playing 10-12 guys would be getting more people on the same page is tougher than getting 8 or 9 guys. There have been a few times where not everyone has been in the same book not to mention the same page but that is turning around.

One of the benefits to playing so many guys during a game has to be that you can take players out and coach them without suffering on the court. We haven't been able to do that in the past. It's probably especially valuable with guys like Raffa and Ambrose to bring them on the bench for a bit to watch what's going on and talk to them.

......I'll wait and see what the coaching staff determines.......I believe what happens in practice as well as the games will determine the minutes. Projecting minutes is a waste of bandwidth. - A73

Now here's someone functioning with some powerful brain cells, A73 you must be one smart dude!!!!

A novel idea leave it to the coaches!!!!!!

Hey - but as fans this is a great place to talk hoops and offer our opinion, all loyal fan(atic)s surely enjoy sharing their opinion and DP does a great job keeping this board up and running.

Happy Thanksgiving to Mrs DP for allowing DP to work this site!!!!!!

alum73, with all due respect, that's what this board is for...chatting and blogging and sure some of it could be considered a "wast of bandwidth". It's something to talk about and at least a good number of us are interested in speculating on the rotation. No one is expecting the coach to get pointers from this board or coach based on what I or anyone else says.

Yeah, I know. I'm just getting to be a cranky old man. I guess that's why I don't get into these speculative threads that often. I just wait and see what happens and try to enjoy the ride.

Archived