UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2009 NY State Budget - Football Stadium

GreatDanes06

All planning of the Harriman campus has been towards private development to get it onto the city tax rolls (even if there haven't been many takers); you won't get much help from the city, because Jennings has been balancing the Albany budget with dumping fees at the landfill, and that will be out of room in two years.

If they were smart about it they would realize a larger UAlbany would be good for the City of Albany. Ever been to a game day at a typical state university? Even Central Freaking Michigan gets 20,000 fans. Albany Nano has a bunch of paying tenants. University of Texas was the origin of Michael Dell little business... aka Dell computers.

But no... people should still look at UAlbany like its a teachers college. Send that state money to UB. They'll be happy to take it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this over at AGS and it just shows the disparity between how SUNY approaches athletics and how other big state systems do it.

http://utsa.edu/today/2008/12/football.cfm

I especially like how the city of San Antonio and the county are kicking in some money for the athletic complex. I know it's been said before, but the city of Albany should work in conjunction with UA to create a complex that would benefit the entire capital region. If the entire region saw the benefit, donations would be much easier to come by also.

All I know is that I have never heard of UTSA but I guarantee you that in 20 years it will have a bigger national presence and a higher endowment than UA.

Found this over at AGS and it just shows the disparity between how SUNY approaches athletics and how other big state systems do it.

http://utsa.edu/today/2008/12/football.cfm

I especially like how the city of San Antonio and the county are kicking in some money for the athletic complex. I know it's been said before, but the city of Albany should work in conjunction with UA to create a complex that would benefit the entire capital region. If the entire region saw the benefit, donations would be much easier to come by also.

All I know is that I have never heard of UTSA but I guarantee you that in 20 years it will have a bigger national presence and a higher endowment than UA.

This is all you need to read:

The university’s intent behind the expansion of the sports program and adding football is to engage current students at new levels by providing them an enhanced and more complete university experience and draw former students and the San Antonio community closer to the University and its continued development towards national research university status.

The university's intent behind the expansion and upgrade of its football program is to engage current students at new levels by providing them an enhance and more complete university experience and draw former students and the Albany community closer to the University and its continued development towards national research university status.

:)

There you go. I wrote the press release for you.

Archived