UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

ESPN Bracketbuster Matchups!

I just saw this on America Least:

Vermont Gets Buffalo in BracketBuster

Just announced on ESPNU. They will be on the ESPN family of networks (ESPN2, ESPNU, or ESPN360.com).

Buffalo has an RPI of 72. It isn't a sexy matchup at all for Vermont, but if they win it will help their RPI. Why didn't ESPN just give Vermont Northeastern? NU was hosed and got Wright State. At least Vermont-Northeastern would have made for a awesome environment in Burlington. People still talk about the Barea $iena there.

UPDATE:

Other AE games:

Boston U. vs. Iona

UMBC @ Rider

Hartford @ Marist

GO BULLS!! :)

The Vermont / buffalo game is the only game that sparks any interest with me. I'm sure in some select, local areas, this game will be of interst, but I don't believe the rest of the country will take any notice. A Vermont win will at least be a positive for the conference, as Bosi said.

None of those other games are worth a rats bojangles in my opinion. Zero interest and zero excitement for any of them, and I'm sure the rest of the country feels the same.

They need to ax 70% of the BB games.

BAD BAD BAD UAMA! :angry:

This would be a good win for the conference...hopefully we can kick the crap out of the garbage MAAC also!

Hahaha, you're right. My bad! My passions got the best of me and I forgot to keep my eyes on the AE and UA. :)

I think the Hartford vs. Marist game will be Friday night, and the Buffalo vs. UVM game on Saturday. I want to go to both, as well as the Siena vs. Marist game on Sunday. Why on earth did Marist end up with the Siena game on the same weekend as Bracketbusters, when Marist knew it was selected this year? How weird ... .

I think UVM can take Buffalo. Buffalo is a strange team. I have no idea on earth how they almost beat UCONN in the closing seconds. Well, maybe I do. Buffalo has really big guys down low who appear to shoot fairly well and rebound. Their guards are experienced, and I think they have one kid who shoots well from the 3. But holy cow, Buffalo was HORRIBLE against Siena's full-court press. Way worse than UAlbany. Secret to beating UB is to apply some ball pressure, IMHO.

This would be a good win for the conference...hopefully we can kick the crap out of the garbage MAAC also!

Hahaha, you're right. My bad! My passions got the best of me and I forgot to keep my eyes on the AE and UA. :)

I think the Hartford vs. Marist game will be Friday night, and the Buffalo vs. UVM game on Saturday. I want to go to both, as well as the Siena vs. Marist game on Sunday. Why on earth did Marist end up with the Siena game on the same weekend as Bracketbusters, when Marist knew it was selected this year? How weird ... .

I think UVM can take Buffalo. Buffalo is a strange team. I have no idea on earth how they almost beat UCONN in the closing seconds. Well, maybe I do. Buffalo has really big guys down low who appear to shoot fairly well and rebound. Their guards are experienced, and I think they have one kid who shoots well from the 3. But holy cow, Buffalo was HORRIBLE against Siena's full-court press. Way worse than UAlbany. Secret to beating UB is to apply some ball pressure, IMHO.

That is the LCC Marist womens game on 2/22. Hopefully Marist crushes them.

I will be at Albany events 2/21 and 2/22. Lacrosse vs Denver and Basketball vs Maine

That is the LCC Marist womens game on 2/22. Hopefully Marist crushes them.

I will be at Albany events 2/21 and 2/22. Lacrosse vs Denver and Basketball vs Maine

Ah, you're right, that makes sense--it's the women's game as Bob87 points out. Forgot about the Maine game on Sunday too; jeesh, that will be an important one down the stretch for us as well.

Archived