UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Why we need to get out of the NEC

Day Date Opponent Time

Sat. Sept. 5 STONEHILL 1:00 pm

Thu. Sept. 10 at Maritime 7:00 pm

Sat. Sept. 19 Open

Sat. Sept. 26 SAINT FRANCIS (PA) 1:00 pm

Sat. Oct. 3 at Bryant 1:00 pm

Sat. O ct. 10 at Monmouth 1:00 pm

Sat. Oct. 17 Open

Sat. Oct. 24 SACRED HEART 1:00 pm

Sat. Oct. 31 at Duquesne 1:00 pm

Sat. Nov. 7 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT ST. 1:00 pm

Sat. Nov. 14 at Robert Morris 1:00 pm

Sat. Nov. 21 ALBANY 1:00 pm

* Northeast

They are playing at A DIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be noted that Wagner was scheduled to play at Delaware State, but Del State backed out a few months ago to play at Delaware instead. So Wagner was left searching for a game.

But what (other than not caring about getting better) would cause a DI team to play at a DIII school?

Could you ever imagine us play Union or RPI, let alone at Union or RPI?

There is a clear difference in where we were told that Albany is going and where schools like Wagner intend to go.

We need to get out of the NEC and away from the associations with schools of this mentality.

So true.

The NEC has pro-growth Albany and CCSU on one side and the slackers on the other. Its time for a real conference for UA. If the Fordham shake up doesn't produce a realignment then its time to consider one of the known options (Indy or Big South).

So true.

The NEC has pro-growth Albany and CCSU on one side and the slackers on the other. Its time for a real conference for UA. If the Fordham shake up doesn't produce a realignment then its time to consider one of the known options (Indy or Big South).

FYI - word on the street is that the PL scholarship vote issue is being addressed by the PL tomorrow. Could show everyone's hand very soon.

A few weeks ago, I had contacted someone with some questions.

I asked if UAlbany is planning on making a move to a full scholarship football conference or going independent in order to go full scholarhship in the next two years. I also asked if funding been requested in this year's budget, if there are other options for obtaining the funding, and if there are ideas of rennovating the current football facility.

Their response:

"With regard to the first question, UAlbany is in a scholarship conference that receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs in 2010. The Northeast Conference and its member institutions have recently made a substantial scholarship commitment to their football programs. That commitment has started to show results on the field of play. If you are talking about an upgrade to the NCAA FBS level, I think there are many things that would have to happen. One of those things that will have to happen (regardless of the level of play) is directly related to your second question. The institution and the athletic department have worked over the past year on a concept design and site analysis for a multi-sport complex. Heery International’s work is in its final stages. There has been collaboration on a model and a video that upon its completion will strengthen our lobbying and solicitation efforts. In addition, the university is currently working on a “Draft Enviromental Impact Statement” (DGEIS) on 20 planned and contemplated projects. The multi-sport complex is among those projects. A community meeting will be held this evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Athletic Hall of Fame Room as part of this study."

I had followed up with some clarification questions, but never heard anything more.

Most of the questions remain unanswered.

I had followed up with some clarification questions, but never heard anything more.

That about sums it up, doesn't it?

We are supposed to remain blindly loyal even if there is no organized and public position on the goals of the athletic program as a whole.

We are supposed to remain blindly loyal even if there is no organized and public position on the goals of the athletic program as a whole.

Not to mention, any day now...we are promised that we'll get something, the environmental study seems to just go on indefinitely etc. I've asked some of the question uofa has only to get a run around, we'll release some information in early January was one such response.....here we are at the end of March and still nothing.

*BAAHHHH....throws hands up in the air and storms out of the room*

A few weeks ago, I had contacted someone with some questions.

I asked if UAlbany is planning on making a move to a full scholarship football conference or going independent in order to go full scholarhship in the next two years. I also asked if funding been requested in this year's budget, if there are other options for obtaining the funding, and if there are ideas of rennovating the current football facility.

Their response:

"With regard to the first question, UAlbany is in a scholarship conference that receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs in 2010. The Northeast Conference and its member institutions have recently made a substantial scholarship commitment to their football programs. That commitment has started to show results on the field of play. If you are talking about an upgrade to the NCAA FBS level, I think there are many things that would have to happen. One of those things that will have to happen (regardless of the level of play) is directly related to your second question. The institution and the athletic department have worked over the past year on a concept design and site analysis for a multi-sport complex. Heery International's work is in its final stages. There has been collaboration on a model and a video that upon its completion will strengthen our lobbying and solicitation efforts. In addition, the university is currently working on a "Draft Enviromental Impact Statement" (DGEIS) on 20 planned and contemplated projects. The multi-sport complex is among those projects. A community meeting will be held this evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Athletic Hall of Fame Room as part of this study."

Classic.

Is the sentiment in the Ath. Dept. that we are currently in a conference sponsoring the top level of FCS football and that the only move up that could be made is to FBS? That's what this email implies, isn't it?

The comment about the NEC having made a "substantial scholarship commitment" instantly answered ( indirectly ) the question about moving to a full scholarship conference. No, and that they are content in the NEC.

By the way, how laughable is that Wagner schedule.

Not much name recognition in that list of schools. Besides UAlbany of course!

I did appreciate a response, but I did not appreciate being brushed off with useless information, most of which is already known.

This blind loyalty that we are subject to, has driven me to consume multiple beers on more than one occasion..... and not in a celebratory manner! (More like to ease the pain!)

Archived